Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app on Windows Phone stops playing playlists after first song

Spotify app on Windows Phone stops playing playlists after first song

Hello, community!

I have been using Spotify app for a while on my Windows Phone and suddenly have encountered this issue - on some playlists (not all) when trying to shuffle play the whole playlist it ends up only adding one song to the play queue and after playing that the playlist just stops playing alltogether.

I have tried restarting my phone and reinstalling the app, but so far no luck. Also the updates on the phone itself have been installed, if that matters.

Plan

Premium

Device

Microsoft Lumia 950

Operating System

Windows 10 Mobile

Can anyone help solve this issue?

3 Replies

Hey @justlisten, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to lend a hand though.

Does the issue persist if you make a copy of a playlist this is happening with? Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

We'll see what we can suggest.

Hi @SergioDavid, thank you for taking this on!

Unfortunately the issue is still there even when downloading the playlists and making them available offline. It still goes to play just one song and does not add the whole playlist on the queue.

I'm also having this issue:

I'm on a Spotify Premium trial and use a Windows 10 Mobile device.

Recently I have been unable to play the Spotify Playlists on Windows 10 mobile, as only the first song will play whether I start by selecting a song or by clicking shuffle play. Only one song gets added to the playlist and when that song finishes or I click the skip button, the next song doesn't play (because there are no more songs in the playlist).

I'm certain this used to work, but it doesn't work anymore.

It does work if I use the Spotify app on Windows 10 desktop, or on iOS

I have done the following, which no success:
- Restarted the app
- Restarted the phone
- Uninstalled and re-installed the app
- Installed the app on my wife's Windows 10 mobile phone

If I click Radio from the playlist, I can play multiple songs, so it's not a bad workaround, but it means I can't use offline.

If I create my own playlist, or play an album, these work correctly and I can have these offline which is good, but it's sometimes nice to use the pre-made playlists (and it's a feature that should work and previously worked for me).

Ben

Suggested posts