Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app on Windows phone 7.8.

Spotify app on Windows phone 7.8.

I currently have a spotify premium account the last few months and I have noticed nothing but problems with the spotify app on windows phone. The app doesnt even work anymore for me, it worked for a day or two and never worked again. I have reinstalled the app many of times and it still doesnt seem to want to work.

The app itself will only work on wifi and wont work when using 3G mobile internet so its basically no use to me when I am out and about. I had downloaded a few playlists to listen to offline when I had no wifi acess but all the app keeps saying is that the playlists are not available offline even though I had downloaded them onto my phone for offline use. The app itself  when connected to wifi says I am offline and wont let me listen to any music or go onto any playlists. The spotify app for windows phone is just terrible compared to the IOS version. The IOS version supports 3G mobile internet and has much more features such as radio (which I normally use on my desktop) and the app itself on IOS is just simply more easier and much better designed. Its also like the windows phone app took you's 10 mins to create. 

I honestly dont see the point in me paying for the Spotify premium if I cannot use it on my phone. If you's dont decide to sort out the windows phone app I may aswell just get the spotify unlimted for my desktop cause I dont see the point of paying an extra 5 euro to use it on my phone if it simply doesnt work.

14 Replies

It should work on 3G, are you roaming or using a Mobile Network Virtual Operator at all? 

Unfortunately, Spotify have discontinued support for Windows phone 7.x so that application will not receive any more updates. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, Thanks for the reply

Yes I currently am using a network virtual operator which may be the problem. But even when connected to wifi the app doesnt work. I dont understand why they dropped support for windows phone 7, I have the phone less than a year. If thats the case I may as well just start purchasing spotify unlimited from now on since they have dropped support for windows phone 7

Hi,

I am using a Windows 7.8 phone right now (HTC Mozart) and the Spotify app is working really fine with both wifi or 3G. Which phone are you using? Dropping support doesnt mean that the app will stop working.

Did you try log in with another account?. If the other account doesnt work too, I think you need to hard reset you phone 😞 and re-install the app.

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Unfortunately, due to this open bug you won't be able to connect Spotify using 3G on a virtual operator. 

Peter

Peter,

I think it just the bug for WP8 only, not 7.8. Im using Spotify very fine at this moment via 3G 🙂

Are you connected to a virtual operator (MVNO) though?

Could be my imagination but I think this was a legacy bug carried over from WP 7.x.

Peter

Yeah? , thats suprising from my experience with the app. I have a nokia lumia 800. I dont think I will bother to do a hard reset on my phone as I have reinstalled the app many of times and I can only use the app through wifi on my phone as I am on a virtual operator. Basically the only time I would be able to use the wifi on my phone would be at home and I have already spotify on my desktop so it doesnt make much sense in using it.

Thanks fine I understand. Thanks for your help anyway

Of couse I am using a virtual operator. WP8 doesnt use the same code as 7.8 so it must be your imagination 😛

Must be! My apologies! 😉

Peter

Yes I am connected to a virtual operator which seems to be the problem. Its fine honestly, there doesnt seem to be a fix for it. I will just continue to use spotify on my desktop

You are most welcome and good luck :). Give me a kudo after your prolem solved 😛

@user-removed wrote:

Thanks fine I understand. Thanks for your help anyway

From my point of view that's wrong from Spotify. I'm a user, and they should provide support for everyone. Besides, programming an app for a WP 7.X isn't that different from a WP 8.X

They just do it to promote WP8.X OS. If they stop supporting old OS, users will move (buy) the newer versions, and from my perspective that's just wrong.

same here. my playlists on spotify didn't update lately, so tried re-install soptify in my mobile phone... and voila - I can't install spotify for my old lumia 800 with w 7.8... it's just not fair, cuz mostly I listened spotify in my car, in phone, even home... I won't pay 7eur for nothing... shame on you, spotify. Goodbye

Suggested posts