Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app on my Boxee always ask for a login

Spotify app on my Boxee always ask for a login

I start my Boxee and select the Spotify app, then I always have to login. Is there a way to get either the Spotify app or my Boxee to remember my logg in?

I am a premium spotify user and all other applications I use like Iphone, pc or Digital TV remember my Login.

12 Replies

same here and typing username + password really sucks on a boxee remote

That question might be best directed toward Boxee actually, although maybe third party applications on the system might automatically be set up to forget these passwords.

I had a quick google but I think my search terms were a little vague - you might fare a little better.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Got this answer from Boxee today regarding my question/problem

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble. We have an open bug on this and are working on correcting it. The status of the issue can be seen here: http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-12505

Joe  

Description
Multiple users reporting that the Spotify app will not save their username/password. They are able to log in, but need to re-enter this each time. All users are using Spotify accounts, not Facebook accounts to log in. Have tried clearing the Spotify cache (though sometimes they report there is nothing under Services for Spotify) and resetting the box and reloading the firmware.

Just wait and see...

Hi Sorste-- Thanks for posting this update from Boxee.

Hopefully this will help any other users experiencing this issue. Let us know what else you hear.

Who is doing the boxee spotify app?
It looks like the login is only saved for facebook users with device pass.Device pass only includes digits in the username.
Could it be some problems with the format of the saved username in the app?
This feature is really a dealbreaker if Im going to continue using premium

I followed the tips in following link http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-12505 and my login is saved now. Very nice just to start Boxee and select Spotify and it works without giving user and pw all the time! This should normally have been solved by Boxee and perhaps Spotify developers together. Anyhow the workaround is working for me.

sorste, are you using device id with a fb accoint or spotify login? I believe the workaround does not work for spotify logins.

I'm using my old spotify account for logging in, I'm using another one for fb. I followed the instructions and started spotify and got the login screen where I put in my user and pw down at the right side of the screen (below the annoying text in red saying wrong user id or pw even if nothing was filled), and that was all! 

Strange. You are the first person I have heard ofta that actually got this working with a spotify login. Does it contain only digits?
It looks you gavs done something in another order because you should nerver ser Theodor bad pass text again. I can login bit I havet to enter it again after a restart. Closing or login ö ut from boxare keps the pass.

My userid contains characters and my pw is a combination of characters and digits. I remember I thought it was tricky to get Boxee working with login, it didn't work the same day, but it did the day after. I have used Spotify with my login about 4 years and Boxee only the last year. I don't remember if there was a special login for Boxee. I got this tips from a friend who had the same problem and this solved both his and my problems with the login.

Check this link for a possible solution and description of the problem: http://boxeed.in/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85

Suggested posts