Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify bugs on Samung Smart TV

Spotify bugs on Samung Smart TV

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil 

Device

Samsung 43NU6100

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

There are two annoying bugs on this app:

1 - I have to re-login every other day. It seems to have problems keeping my account logged on for more than 2 days in a row.

2 - In order to re-login, I actually must close de app. Otherwise, the app won't proceed with the login process. It will simple get stuck on the login page, not completting the process nor showing any error mesage.

My setup goes like this:

TV using ethernet

Phone and Notebook using WiFi

2 Replies

Hey @pedropereira, help's here.

We first suggest that you check that your TV model and OS is supported. Spotify requires the Tizen operating system (version 2.3 and above), available on Samsung Smart TVs produced from 2015 onwards.

To check if your Samsung TV supports Spotify:

1. Go to Samsung’s app store.
  2. Select Spotify, under Lifestyle.
  3. Click Check your device in the top-right.

Also, make sure that your TV's firmware is up-to-date, and if possible, change the network connection. Restart the router as well. 

There are different ways to connect and play your music through your TV. We suggest that you check out this help article for those and see if you prefer any of the other. 

Finally, we suggest that you check out the Samsung support page for further help. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

TV:

Software version: 1250, no update available

Spotify app version: 1.5.3 (latest)

Notebook

Dell Inspiron 7460

Windows 10 - version 1809 - build 17763.134

Spotify app version: 1.93.244.0 - 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7 (Windows Store version)

Rounter is being restarted once a week.

TV and notebook are on the same network, but they won't pair until I log in using my e-mail and password on TV. Otherwise, the TV is not listed on Windows App.

PS: I've just got a new cellphone with Android 8 and I was able to pair phone + TV over the network (no e-mail + pass). So maybe the bug affects the comunication between TV and Windows App only. 

Suggested posts