Announcements

Spotify can't connect to Chromecast Audio (again)

Re: Spotify can't connect to Chromecast Audio (again)

Hey there @alpenblauwtje,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We appreciate the time you've taken to try those suggestions and for all the info you've shared. We've suggested those steps as they might be helpful for other users as well.

Just to make sure we cover all our bases, we still recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on the affected devices making sure to follow all the specific steps in this article.

Regarding the Spotify app, there's currently a newer version available, so it'll be updated once you perform the clean reinstall. Let us know how it goes after that.

If the issue persists, could you check if your devices' firmware is up to date?

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Casual Listener

Hello CarlosE,

Just to make sure we cover all our bases, we still recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on the affected devices.

All devices (4!) suddenly face this problem after updating. At least this time, usually the problem occurs suddenly for a version of the app that is installed for weeks or months. It's in issue not only for me and my family but also for others as you can read in the comments. And if you read all the information I provided in previous posts you'll see that it occurs on clean and used installs. Instead of seriously investigating the issue at Spotify you put the burden again at the end user by a lazy recommendation to reinstall.

Regarding the Spotify app, there's currently a newer version available, so it'll be updated once you perform the clean reinstall. Let us know how it goes after that.

That doesn't work either at the moment. But probably it is going to work in a few days, like it did in the last few years.

If the issue persists, could you check if your devices' firmware is up to date?

The software and firmware of all our devices (phones/tablets/chromecasts) run the latest version (and are still be supported).

I repeat: This is an intermittent issue for years, where it suddenly stops working, sometimes on a single device, sometimes on all. This time it occurred immediately after updated the app though. Usually it starts working again in a day or days, without updating the app. So the issue is not solely in the app, usually the problem occurs suddenly for a version of the app that is installed for weeks or months.

IMHO it must be a combination of the app, Spotify's servers and/or Spotify's Chromecast API implementation.

Re: Spotify can't connect to Chromecast Audio (again) - Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks!

Thanks for reporting this to us.

We’re receiving reports about Spotify having connection issues with Chromecast.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here. It's also a good idea to restart your router.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info:

• Current (affected) Spotify version .
  • Last working Spotify version.
  • Affected devices, including their OS version.

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

CarlosEModerator

Still having this issue.

I just got a new phone so there aren't cache files that could be laying around from old versions of the app. Casting stops randomly recently.

Hey there folks,

Since we haven't received any other contacts or reports after we asked for more info, we'll be moving this thread back to the Help section.

If you're still experiencing issues with Chromecast we'd recommend you first check out this thread and leave your details in a comment there, so that we can continue with the investigation.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
SUGGESTED POSTS