Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

First of all, sorry if I'm not posting this issue in the right place. I wasn't quite sure where to put this. Guide me to a new direction if needed!

I've been trying to listen to Delains new single "Masters of Destiny" on Spotify since it was added, but I cant. The message I get is "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Asked a few friends do the same, and they all got the very same message. Can't play it on my computer or my phone.

So I was wondering if it for some reason wasn't avaiable in Norway for now, or if there is another fix for it?

Also while I'm at it, I have the same problem with Lordis album called "The Monsterican Dream". Can't play a song on that album, but I can find it. Seems odd.

3 Replies

Hey @Vyrexis, we can help from here, no worries 🙂

Is the track and the tracks in the album greyed out? Further, does this happen across many devices?

We suggest that you go to the app's settings and disable all local files settings. If that doesn't help, a quick reinstall may solve it. 

If not, go to Settings and toggle off 'Show unavailable songs in Playlists" to see if the tracks still appear for you. 

Let us know how it goes, and get back with screenshots and we'll take a closer look.

Hi again. I can play the Delain track now. Solved itself, but I still can't hear more than 1 song on "The Monsterican Dream" album. I can play the song "Blood Red Sandman". The rest are greyed out on my pc and android. Sony Xperia something. Not a 100% sure about what model it is.

Have now tried all tips I got so far, but nothing changes. Still find the album, but can only play of the tracks. The rest are still greyed out. Never had them on my playlist as I've never been able to play them.

Hey @Vyrexis.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Since you mentioned that your friends in Norway are also getting this, we suspect that the song is not available in your country at the moment. For more info on this, make sure to check out this support article.

Hope that helps clear things up! Let us know if you have any more questions about this.

Suggested posts