Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. Why not?

Spotify can't play this right now. Why not?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

Desktop Computer

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to listen to a song, it's actually a rendition of a song made by another artist. I've listened to it before, but I can't listen to it now. It says; 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.'

I don't have the file on my computer, but would still like to listen to it. Why is this happening? I'd love to share the URL, however I can't access it at all.

The title is, "Or Nah Rendition" by SoMo

46 Replies

Songs play fine on my Windows 10 computer, but I get this message on Win 8.1. Odd

when I do that and press local files its just a playlist

My SOLUTION for Mac OS 10.13.3 (17D47)

I went to:

Library/Application Support/Spotify

Then deleted everything in that Spotify folder and restarted the Spotify app. It made me sign back in but everything played and worked! 

From what I've read the issue can be songs that are saved locally, either the file is corrupted or not communicating with the app.

PS: To get to the hidden library where these files are located (on Mac) click your desktop then click "GO" in the top menu. Once it drops down, hold the option/alt key and you will see Library appear, then navigate to the file path Library/Application Support/Spotify.

Hope this helps some people!

--

Excellent!

For Mac users, this is the correct solution.

Actually, there are 3 libraries in macOS. System, Main and User Libraries. You are speaking of the User library and that is the correct path.

Thanks!

Try to run the windows audio troubleshooter.  Right-Click Audio tray > Troubleshoot sound problems.  For me my problem was "Audio Service crashed".

Hope this helps! 🙂

- LoganOMG

a.k.a.

- LoganTCP

Same problem all of my music for two days.  Any thoughts?

Im having the same problem on Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 15 9570 laptop

I managed to half-fix the problem - my spotify destkop app will allow to play music only if I am simultainously logged into spotify web (https://open.spotify.com) in the browser?

Suggested posts