Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify can't play this right now. Why not?

Spotify can't play this right now. Why not?

nakeigh

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

Desktop Computer

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to listen to a song, it's actually a rendition of a song made by another artist. I've listened to it before, but I can't listen to it now. It says; 'Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.'

I don't have the file on my computer, but would still like to listen to it. Why is this happening? I'd love to share the URL, however I can't access it at all.

The title is, "Or Nah Rendition" by SoMo

46 Replies

Re: Spotify can't play this right now. Why not?

PrarieD0G

I'm having the same issue right now. It only affects Spotify on my Win10 PC (phone works fine). Very annoying--I can't play anything!

I've tried exiting and restarting the program and logging out/in again, but nothing helps.

howash

Same here! It cycles through like 5 or 6 songs, then stops, and gives that error message. This happens pretty frequently to me on my mobile app as well for the past several months :(

seekrits
Casual Listener

Having the same issue on Mac OS 10.13.3

Cant listen to albums that I listen to regularly. Ive had this happen before on a couple song here and there but today its REALLY bad. Full albums by multiple different artists.

Definitely annoying, this is not what I pay for. Not to mention the whole Drake fiasco a few weeks ago that Spotify brushed under the rug. Might be time to switch. 

disgraceane

I have the same problem here, it works on my phone, but this freaking message keeps showing up on my wind10 desktop... So annoying.

zulmstp

not sure if this helps but you can try going to edit>preference>local files
uncheck everything and you're good to go. works for me at least.

Nacka23

Thanks dude, it worked perfectly ! 

seekrits
Casual Listener

Unfortunately not working for me.

arnoud
Music Fan

Exact same problem, since today. Solution offered by zulmstp didn't work.

Nothing plays! Not 1 track on any of my playlists.

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" ... with every track on every one of my playlists.

I am a premium user too.

Spotify please fix this asap (paying 10 euros for complete silence get's a bit boring already).

Yhanks.

arnoud
Music Fan

Hi @nakeigh,

I had exactly the same problem, suddenly from about 10 days ago, until 15 minutes ago. I tried about anything (20-25 possible solutions) from the Spot. Community and finally Spotify helpdesk.

But nothing worked.

Then, I installed Java and Adobe Flash and this did it!

(I thought both were installed, but it turned out they were not (anymore?) )

Don't know why, and others who tried this (which solved their problem as well) say the same (don't know why this worked).

Why not give it a try?

Hope it helps!

Best,

Arnoud 

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

SUGGESTED POSTS