Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify can't play this right now. Why not?

Re: Spotify can't play this right now. Why not?

Tornadeau13

this one work for me

OSX 10.11.6

sandeagle
Casual Listener

Doesent work for me with local files, have 3 different soundcards, used them all... (PC)

So far:
New Codecs

Mediaplayer

QuickTime

Realtek reinstall

Restart

Spotify Reinstall

Spotify Switch (Store / Web)

Deleting Local Files
Deleting Reg Keys

Downloading Everything

Hardware ac.

Offline mode

Speaker Switch

None of this worked... :)

So im getting really frustrated... Best thing is that i can play those files on my phone which doesent have them "Local"... PC does but "Spotify can't play this right now" cos whatever reason....

arnoud
Music Fan

Same here. I used to be able to solve the problem, but things changed, for about 6 months, when I accidentally succeed in solving the problem, it starts all over again within a few days or weeks. Extremely annoying by now..

_yopz71e-rt8f

Try favoriting the songs that won't work then hitting play. It worked for me, even after I unfavourited them.

arnoud
Music Fan

Thanks, but doesn't work for me.

zorcki

The solution that worked for me is to reconnect my hifi-system that was set to default audio output for spotify. Or I think you can just reset the audio configuration by default. Capture154856.PNG

brodymiddleton

I had this exact same issue, I got in touch with spotifys live support and it turned out to be that my account was having connection issues with my device, they were able to fix it on their end within minutes

DavidZhang01

My G.

smudgeboy

I had this problem on Windows 10. It was because I was using Sibelius music-scoring program with the Sibelius Audio Engine (software setting) set to ASIO4 All instead of set to Primary Sound Driver (the Sibelius default). Switching Sibelius back to the default fixed the problem. This suggests to me that anyone getting the 'Spotify can't play this right now', message should look for other programs that might be diverting audio signals in software. 

In_Finite

This was exactly my issue.  I use Voice Meter Banana for mixing.  I happened to buy a set of Sony BT ANC headphones.  Whenever I connect them to my PC, Windows changes my default playback and default capture devices away from VMB and this seems to upset Spotify.

I would suggest that people check their system audio device defaults.

SUGGESTED POSTS