Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify channel on Roku Stuck loading.

Spotify channel on Roku Stuck loading.

The Spotify channel on my Roku player is having issues. It will not load searches, playlists, or play tracks unless you exit the channel and reboot the Roku from the home screen. Every other channel works so I know it is not my connection or the device. I have tried reinstalling the channel and still have the same issue.
38 Replies

I think the issues are related to having multiple spotify accounts configured on the roku-spotify app. As soon as I removed all but one account and restarted... the app started behaving better.

I only have one account and suffering from the same isssues as everybody else, after restarting I still couldn't get my playlists to liadrian =(.

So, in general, the App is failing to retrieve información from servers adequately. Roku & Spotify meet to fix and revamp the App ASAP

Having the same issue. Spinning wheel when loading Playlists. Rubbish.

Yes, I'm stuck with the spinning "Loading" sign even with one account. Spotify please update this app!

I've been having the same issue for a while now. It used to work, but hasn't for a couple weeks now. The playlists screen just spins and says loading. Iv'e tried rebooting, checking for software update, and reinstalling the app. I also reset my router. The Roku software version is 7.5. The Spotify version is 1.0. Maybe a new version of Spotify is needed. Please try to resolve this. Thanks

Same problem here, with Spotify app on both Roku and Vizio smart tv. Rebooting equipment does not resolve. Spotify, what gives??

Spotify is half "app" at best with my Roku 3. All other apps work great with Roku. Spotify worked great for the first many months of service. Spotify works great on my computer. I have RE: "everythinged" many , many times, and have had little success. At best it does not completely load. Roku's tech advise was talk to Spotify. Hello Spotify, I'm doing my best to save the relation ship. HOW ABOUT YOU?

I have the same issue. If not resolved in next week, I'm switching to Pandora. Pandora app works great on Roku. I suggest everyone else here do the same!

So a new version of the app came out today. Version 1.1. Now there isn't even a menu option for Playlists. Is that your solution, Spotify?

A bug in a feature---- so just remove the feature!  Problem solved!  This is beyond ridiculous ....  it's almost sublime.

No playlists makes the Spotify channel on Roku pretty much useless for me.

Agreed! No point at all

For both my Roku and my tv app I have no access to my playlists. It doesn't even show that as a selectable option anymore. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that did not fix things. When is the app going to be usable again?
1491158683482840236919.jpg

It's strange that the latest channel update on Roku (and some other platforms) has removed the playlist functionality; yet the app on TiVo still retains playlists. What gives?

Why does it have ro be so bad? Why can't i just stream it to my roku using my phone much the way the playstation apps are set up? Please fix this or just get rid of it. False hope is worse than no hope at all.

My Spotify playlists and library are no longer visible. I see only four options when I start Spotify: Search, What's New, Top Tracks and Accounts. I cannot access any of my saved songs. On my desktop and phone everything is normal, but on my Sharp Roku TV everything has dropped off. I have tried rebooting the TV, removing and re-adding the Spotify channel... Nothing works.

Unfortunately the Spotify App on Roku just keeps getting more and more buggy, it seems that it is rarely, if ever updated. This Loading screen issue is really annoying. Almost every time I try to use Spotify on Roku, I have to reboot my Roku for it to work. I can load one playlist/album/artist, and the subsequent searches yield the unending loading screen.

Glad to hear I'm not alone. But how does one "reboot" the device or Spotify? If you simply mean turn off and on the TV, then I've tried that -- and just about everything else. Gonna write a long letter to the TV company and Spotify. Thanks for the info!

I suppose with the new Google acquisition on the horizon for $41.1 billion Spotify is too busy counting their monies to the bank instead of listening to their Customers and fixing their **bleep**ty broken app.

I been active on this community before for lack of landscape support on iOS with no response or action on Spotify's front. I really need to cancel my premium account and look into the competition. 

Thanks for nothing Spotify!

Suggested posts