Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect devices not appearing...

Spotify connect devices not appearing...

Hey there,

So I've noticed this behavior across my devices, but some devices show all my spotify connect devices (HK Invoke, FireTV, Google Chromecast and Google Minis) and some show only a handful. I've had better luck on my wireless devices (iPads, iPhones) than on my PC (where I use the Win10 client). On my PC, only a few devices show up rather than all of them.

Appreciate any thoughts on this... it's been an ongoing issue for some time and I'm curious as to why it happens at all. Thanks!

4 Replies

Hey @Shyatic

The simplest suggestion is making sure all of these devices are on the same wifi connection. Restarting the router can also be very helpful in case there's some network glitch.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

They are, my PC is hardwired and my tablets/phone are on the same WiFi connection. It's just spotty and inconsistent. I'm in technology for a living so it's not a configuration issue, it's just the inconsistency of behavior that annoys me.

I am having the same issue.

- Same Wifi

- Consits of:

1. Google Home
  2. Windows PC
  3. Android Phone
  4. LG Speakers with Chromecast

When I play PC to LG Speakers via Chromecast, the device will dissapear when I change songs. 

I have the same problem, but only on an android 8 device. I can see my yamaha receiver from my pc and older phones but not from my android 8.1 device.

Suggested posts