premium

Country

Canada

Device

Echo dot will not connect via windows app or samsung galaxy a5 app

Operating System

windows 10

My Question or Issue

spotify connect stopped working in the middle of a song.  Tried suggested solutions of reinstalling/updating the app, trying via bluetooth on my phone, resetting my wireless router, resetting the echo dot.  Still will not connect. 

The app itself plays fine on desktop/phone, but will not connect wirelessly.

3 Replies

Hey @ressaya, help's arrived.

Let's try a couple of things. Restart all your devices (and speakers) by unplugging them and plugging them back  in. Also, make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • You restart the router.
  • Your Spotify apps are up-to-date.
  • All device's software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your device's manufacturer for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

This is what fixed it for me: go to the Spotify app's Settings and disable "Show local devices only". I'm not sure why this worked because my speakers are on the same network as the app device, but it worked!

I'm not sure what the point is for replies "check your software levels."  This is like "I can't get to your website"  Oh have you tried updating the BIOS on your computer? Not 1 time in 10,000 is it going to be the software levels. 

Suggested posts