Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect stopped working on all devices with my speaker

Spotify connect stopped working on all devices with my speaker

Plan

Premium - Spotify Connect

Country USA

Device

Windows 10 PC with app and browser, iPad, Android Galaxy S5

Operating System - iPad iOS 11.4 Android 6.01 

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue  I've been using my Atlantic Technology Gatecrasher for months (Frontier Silicon platform) without problems.  Suddenly everything else works (wi-fi, Bluetooth, DLNA, internet radio, etc) but not Spotify Connect.  When i try to use Spotify and connect to devices, Gatecrasher shows in the menu, I select it and it refuses to connect.

4 Replies

Hey @BostonPaul77! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Have you tried updating the firmware on device? If not, please check if there is an update ready.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

I checked my device and checked with the manufacturer that I have the latest firmware.  The firmware has not changed for a few months and during that time Spotify has been working properly.  When I ask Spotify to play on my device, the device shows up in the menu, I select it and a green light on my device lights up indicating it's changing the input to a streaming service, but Spotify tries to connect for about 10 or 15 seconds and then stops trying to connect and just plays on my iPad, PC or Android phone.  I noticed Spotify did an update on my iPad three days ago which coincides roughly with the time this problem began cropping up.  All other Wi-Fi functions of my speaker (internet radio, DLNA continue to operate normally).

@BostonPaul77

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

@BostonPaul77

Have you tried reinstalling your phone app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Could you try to stream from a different device with your account?

And be sure to try another persons account, to see if that happens there too. 

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Suggested posts