Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect stops playing

Spotify connect stops playing

Why does  Spotify connect lose connection with Bluesound Node2i streamers. It just stops/pauses. This is both on wi fi  and wlan. What’s going on. This problem is at your end. I’ve talked to the Bluesound team,and it’s not my NODE2i. So,sorry,please fix it. I don’t wanna leave the Spotify app. But I must say I’m being tempted by Tidal, this is because my Bluesound app has two radio paradise channels,and they play in full flac files. The difference is quite amazing on a good HI Fi set up. I’ve tried all the classics things,like login on and off... This problem I’m 100 percent Spotify is aware of,but just can’t handle music traffic. I’ve tested their ping,it was on 220 max. That’s an insane latency! That means Spotify.com sends out the music from their servers very,very slow. Well then. Upgrade your servers and so on. I’ve been a happy camper with Spotify premium from 2015,and lately this past few weeks,the problems have occurred. I think maybe I’m out in a months time,this is just unacceptable. Thanks. 

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

12 Replies

Hey @user-removed, help's here. 

Let's try a couple of things. First, restart all your devices (and speakers) by unplugging them and plugging them back in. Also, make sure to:

• Reinstall the Spotify app.
  • Check that the device's software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your device's manufacturer for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I’ll give it a shot. Sorry I meant lan as a ethernet connection. And wi fi as wlan. If I’m not completely mistaken,please correct me. I’ll give your tips a try. But Spotify still sounds better then tidal! And the interface is much smoother. I’ll hope I could resolve this matter soon. Thanks.

I get the exact same problem with both Spotify Connect and Google Cast on a Sony Android TV. It used to work flawlessly, now it either hangs after a few songs or breaks after an advertisement pops up. Playing on the phone directly is fine, Spotify Connect/Cast. Not so fine.

Yeah it’s annoying. I’m trying to email them,but for some reason they don’t do that anymore. Are you hearing this Spotify! You need to fix this. Please. Contact me directly. You have my mail. Delete my account,then I can start again. Thanks.

Hello. I’m thinking maybe if I delete my premium account,then can I open an account again then. I mean start over again with Spotify premium. Maybe then Spotify Connect we’ll work again. Or if I delete my Spotify premium account. Cant I create a new account then? Thanks.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us.

You could try to create a new account to see if that solves the issue. Feel free to create a new account to see if that works. 

If that works and you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day

I would contact Spotify support chat. My problems seems to under control. But be aware it’s a nightmare to chat with them. They ask so many questions. Well maybe I was unlucky. Have them delete your account. That I think we’ll help. Good luck.

I’m not following you. They have deleted my account. It now seems to under control the problems I had. But how can I get access to my old account? Come to think off I only had one playlist,I’ll live. But I want to use the name I’m using here in my profile at Spotify.com. Support said that was impossible. And that the second username we’ll be there forever! And they said my old account is as I said deleted. Why on earth didn’t support say this to me😡😡😡

Hey there! Try and delete your account. Talk to support. I don’t know if you gotten a couple replies before,because my post keeps hanging up. But it helped to delete my account. Now it’s no problem. Only that I have two username. One here and one in my profile page at Spotify.com. It’s annoying.

Hey there,my problem with the pausing issue seems to under control now. As I said i now have a new account,but support said nothing of these tips your saying to me now. That you can retrieve your old playlist and use your old username. I can live with my playlist. I just have start all over again. I lost all the bands I followed,but it’s getting there nicely now to where I was. But I want my old username back or I can use the name im using now of course. But what bugs me is that long system generated strip of numbers and letters that’s also my username. From support this from my understanding is because of security issues. I wished I just deleted my account my self then perhaps I could be better off. Thanks.

Did you get my last post? Thanks.

Hey there,I don’t know if you gotten many post from me now. It seemed it was a bit strange. But what you could do is to log yourself out of everything,you can do this on Spotify.com. After that or before reboot your system (unplugging your power chords) then reboot your router also. Even reset your router can help. Then delete all Spotify apps and install them again. If that don’t work then I don’t know. Maybe call chat support. Good luck.

Suggested posts