Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect wont play on my beoplay A9 speaker

Spotify connect wont play on my beoplay A9 speaker

Just get 7-days spotify premiun trial.<br>I can not connect spotify to my beoplay A9 speaker througt spotify connect.<br>A9 shows in the connects list, but i cant choose it.<br>Tried both from my ipad and android phone.<br>Both devices is on the same wifi network.<br>The A9 said it has the lastest firmware.<br>Any solution?<br><br>Regards<br>svos<br>
19 Replies

Does it say anything below it on the connect list?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi.
Below BeoplayA9 it show "available on network"

Hey @Svos

It's not ideal but does rebooting the speakers help at all?

Tried rebooting speaker and router.
Reinstalling app on phone and ipad.
Nothing helps so far.

I have the exact same problem. It worked for a few days, now it will not connect. I have reset it, still no luck. AirPlay works but I don't want to use AirPlay which pauses for phone calls. I will have to send it back, which is really not good as I love the speaker !!!

Did you manage to resolve this?

Oh and I will not pay for spotify either as I only subscribed to premium to use it with this speaker.....

Hi.

I'm sorry, nothing news with my problem.

Have update the spotify app on my ipad, android-phone and a second phone.

Also update my home network with a new router.

Being in contact with B&O support and doing a factory reset, but still no luck.

Waiting for an answer from them...

/svos

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem. Spotify Connect and the BeoPlayer A9 have been working fine for around two weeks. Since yesterday it will not connect.

Tried everything, rebooting, shutting down, it just won't connect. And indeed Airplay works but that wasn't the intention.

I have now tried everything I can think of, including factory reset etc. Unplugged form network and plugged back in - changed it to a manually assigned IP address just in case. Nothing works - I am sending it back to Apple. Really too bad as I love this speaker, the quality is amazing.

I bought the Bose soundtouch 20 series II fir my bedroom. I even disconnected this just in case, but no joy. One thing to note though, spotify does not seem to work well when switching - it does not stream from where the original player was playing (when they were both working that is). For example:

I play a track on the bose when I get up. move to the living room and switch the play to the Beoplay (again when it was working:( ) - it does not start form where I left off on the Bose - in fact, sometimes it would not even start on the same track - it gets really confused I think. Has anyone used Deezer? Does it have the same problem? Deezer was not an option for the Beoplay, but if I have to switch, most other speakers like this seem to support Deezer too.

Anyway, I now need to find a replacement for the Beoplay - does anyone have any suggestions? I see nothing similar to this. I was thinking of getting the Bose soundtouch 30, but the quality of sound of the 20 is not even close to the quality of sounds on the Beoplay, so I might be disappointed even though the 30 I assume should be better as it is much larger than the 20 - if I could link two of them for clear left/right separation maybe this would work (do not know if this is possible). If anyone has any suggestions, they would be very welcome. 

It's indeed a big mystery. What does work on the Beoplay is Airplay and it still works as a streamer, i still can stream from my NAS to the Beoplay A9.

I think the problem lies somewhere with the Spotify Connect feature. 

Yes AirPlay works but I did not buy it for AirPlay. Too many interruptions and at times it randomly stops for a few seconds and plays again, even though wifi phone connection is strong and beoplay physically plugged in.

My beoplay is regrettably back in the box waiting for the call from apple to arrange a day for it to be connected. Given I have no issues with spotify in the Bose, I suspect this is an issue with bang and olufsen and likey down to their lack of experience with such things. I suspect the next version of this speaker to be much better than this in regards to what it supports. For a 2000 euro speaker I am very disappointed at this late stage of the products life that they have not already resolved stupid software bugs like this - the last update it seems was from 2013 - hardly what I woodl consider good reproductive support - perhaps they have stopped supporting or updating this product. My second b&o product but maybe my last as once I buy a replacement it is not likely I will update again for many years.

Sorry for all the typos ....

It's working again! 

I'm not sure what the solution is but this what i've done:

1. I changed my password for Spotify
  2. I changed the fixed ip adres in my BeoPlay A9 back to DHCP

After this the loudspraker icon stopped flasing and turn green 😉

Not sure how long it works ....

Just restarted and everything is stil working. 

I quess the problem is caused by the Spotify credentials (i.c. password).

Tested everything earlier on iPad, Samsung tablet and iPhone, nothing worked. 

My advice to everyone is to try solving the problem with setting a new password. Goodluck, i'll keep you posted with my experiences.

It's fantastic 😀
Doing the same and finally its OK.
Resetting spotify pwd and beoplay back to dhcp.
Thanks 😊

Ok, so now I have the same problem with the Bose. This looks like a spotify problem, not a bang & olufsen problem.

It worked at first when I tried the password change, but just cit out and stopped responding after a couple of minutes, had to unplug then resort to airplay...... will tryt again next week, fed up with trying to get this to work, but as the bose has the same issue too, I don;t think I shoudl send it back as sure there shoudl be a spotify fix at some point...

Just an update to say that when I got back from traveling for a week all was working fine. No idea why fixed it, but also the transition between the beoplay and the Bose in my bedroom also now works as expected. So, I cabcelled the pickup and decided to keep the beoplay 9. Now it works well with spotify I am super happy with it. was there a spotify update that anyone knows about ? My apps auto-update so I have no idea of the app updated and fixed the problem.

Well for me I got an update to this version a few days ago 0.9.15.27.g87efe634 so it is possible an update fixed the glitch.

Suggested posts