Spotify crashes in Clementine

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Desktop

Operating System

(Ubuntu Studio 18.04, Windows 7, Windows 10, Debian 9)

My Question or Issue

I use Clementine 1.3.1 on Ubuntu (18.04) and on windows 7. Until recently the spotify plugin worked perfectly, but since a few weeks Spotify looses connection after doing a search on Spotify. Spotify stops after the search and won't even play Spotify songs in my playlists. 

When running Clementine from a terminal I see - after a search - error appear like " static void SpotifyClient::ConnectionErrorCallback(sp_session*, sp_error) Can not connect to Spotify" (see attachment for the whole listing.

In a Clementine discussion group I talked to someone with the excately same issue, he uses windows 10 and Debian 9.

Steps to reproduce the problem

• start Clementine
  • play Spotify song from playlist or Spotify Top Track: song should play
  • do a Search on Spotify: no result showing
  • if started Clementine from terminal you should see error coming
  • play another Spotify song from playlist:  song doesn't play

error list.png
3 Replies

Hi, same problem here in Argentina on Debian (testing) and Clementine 1.3.1... have you solved it? I think it has to do with the libspotify library that's obsolete... Regards.

Hi Juan,

Sorry no sollution. You are right. It has to do with libspotify. Spotify is not supporting libspotify anymore and is slowly shutting down all services. It started with not importing playlists, now the search function and eventually it will stop completely. 

Very annoying and bad service to paying customers, I think.

For the moment there is a kind of workaround. You can add Spotify tracks to a playlist using a text editor. But I think it is not a workable workaround....

Marcel

Not sure if it's a Spotify issue or Clementine. Clementine doesn't seem to be under development any more.  😞  Too bad as it was the best media player for Linux IMHO

Suggested posts