Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify defaulting to one song on multiple devices.

Spotify defaulting to one song on multiple devices.

I recently started playing Spotify and on my webplayer and android phone, it automatically defaults to one of my local files and when I try changing it on web player, it doesn't change. My desktop works fine and I can play any song, but I can't connect it to web player or Android. When I try, it just defaults back to that local file and is stuck at 0:00.

I've uninstalled/resintalled desktop spotify, I've logged out of each device, but nothing works. Even Discord shows that default song and nothing I do fixes it. I don't know what to do.

EDIT: I added a picture to show what I mean. It shows me playing one song on my Desktop, but I can't play that song on Web player at all and when I try to use Spotify connect, it goes to that same song in the Web Player across Android and Web.

UPDATE: It finally fixed itself. I don't know how, but it did.

HB5MofymJY.png
3 Replies

Same issue since yesterday. Nothing helped. No reinstallation etc. Very annoying.

Did you ever get it fixed or is it still happening?

It's funny since yesterday it works again but i cannot say why. I just opened Webplayer and started a different song and tried to connect another device and then i could connect to my HiFi Receiver and other Streaming Devices again. Sorry no solution for you guys. 

Suggested posts