Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify deleted my iTunes playlists!

Spotify deleted my iTunes playlists!

Hello there,

The playlists I had in iTunes, which went into Spotify all nice and easily, have now disappeared from iTunes.  I want them back.

If there is no way to get them back (which is REALLY annoying!) then can you please tell me how to export Spotify iTunes playlists so I can have them BACK in my iTunes.... where there should be!

Thank you.

6 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Do you still have the folder with the iTunes .m4a files in?

If so, you can go to file>add folder in iTunes and add the iTunes music folder back again and they should appear again 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi Anthony.  Thank you for the reply. 

I've deleted nothing.

All my songs are still in iTunes, it's just the playlists that have gone.  Where will I find this folder?

Hi,

The iTunes music folder itself is at C:\Users\username\Music and the iTunes folder there.

But if your music is still there then that sounds like the organisation has gone. You can go to iTunes Media>Music in the iTunes folder in the above sentence and check the folders are still there. Did you ever export your playlists? If so you can go to File>Library>Import playlist and select the file.

Anthony 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

No, have never exported my playlists.  Never had to becaus they were all working very well in iTunes!

There are no playlists in any of folders you mention.

How do I export the Spotify copy of my iTunes playlist?  Any idea?

Hi,

Well Spotify imports iTunes playlists through the local files; so if you go to local files and find a song you had in iTunes and right click+select open containing folder; you will find the folder with your iTunes music in.

Unfortunately there is no way to export playlists as such; because Spotify takes them from local files so it can't really do anything except import. Feel free to submit this as an idea though!

Anthony 🙂

*sigh*

Thanks for your replies.

Suggested posts