Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not connect to Yamaha networkplayer anymore

Solved!

Spotify does not connect to Yamaha networkplayer anymore

Since the latest update Spotify does not connect  to my Yamaha MCR 560D anymore. The Yamaha is connected via LAN cable to the same network as my laptop is. It worked fine with Spotify on the Laptop, but since the latest Spotify update, it doen't show in the list of audio-devices anymore.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Have you tried to put static network configuration in the Yamaha web interface ? I just solved my problem doing this because I think that the DNS IPs distributed by box were probably wrong (or does not resolve correctly the IP server of spotify). Thus, I disabled the DHCP and put a static IP, good gateway and DNS of google 8.8.8.8 and all works fine now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Have you tried to put static network configuration in the Yamaha web interface ? I just solved my problem doing this because I think that the DNS IPs distributed by box were probably wrong (or does not resolve correctly the IP server of spotify). Thus, I disabled the DHCP and put a static IP, good gateway and DNS of google 8.8.8.8 and all works fine now.

Thank you for the advice and the comprehensible explanation. I will try that this weekend and let you know if it works for me too.

I just changed the setting for the yamaha in my fritzbox to static ip address and the device reapeared inmediately in Spotify connect. Didn't even have to do any other thing.

Thank you so much!

Suggested posts