Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

Spotify doesn’t play on Bose SoundTouch anymore

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify doesn’t play on Bose SoundTouch anymore

Visitor

Plan
Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 11, iPad Air)

Operating System

(iOS latest update.)

My Question or Issue

I have a Bose SoundTouch which I can control from my iPhone or iPad using its SoundTouch app. I’ve never had an issue until a few days ago. Whenever I select a song, it just stays on the blue screen and nothing happens. No sounds, no information of the song or artist. Just blue. It’s the only music service that doesn’t work and Bose customer service says it’s 100% a Spotify issue. I’ve done most of the obvious troubleshooting so far (reset, sign out/in, reinstall, etc...). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify doesn’t play on Bose SoundTouch anymore

Casual Listener
Hey, thanks for the education! We've changed it to 255.

View solution in original post

49 Replies
Highlighted

Visitor

This also happened to me this past weekend. Soundtouch/Bose tried to problem solve and it is definitely not that system. It has to do with spotify. Looking for answers  too!

Highlighted

Visitor
Same problem.

OnePlus 6
Premium plan
Highlighted

Visitor
Same here tried resetting everything including WiFi and it’s not working
Highlighted

Regular
Same here.. In the SoundTouch app.. when I try to play Spotify. It keeps saying..
We can't access you music service account right now. Try entering your username and password again (6157)

If found solution.. Pls help.. Ty
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I've had the exactly the same problem with my SoundTouch 20 and it doesn't appear with Spotify Connect in the Spotify app either. Very strange and frustrating, given that my SoundTouch 10 is working fine with Spotify connect...
Highlighted

Regular

I recently created a thread with exactly the same problem, soundtouch has dissapeared from the connect list. Now I read you have a 10 and a 20, the 20 is missing but the 10 is still there? Interesting, as my problem concerns the 2 soundtouch 10's I have. Am considering removing them from my WLAN/WIFI and reintroducing hem to the network. This is a recent problem, about a week ago i noticed they were missing. 

Have you tried anything to fix this yet?

Highlighted

Regular
Sorted. I just had to unplug my bose speakers from the main electrics. Once rebooted they were in the list. I am sure my router is messing about and doing something to mess up the wifi settings.
Highlighted

Visitor

I have the same problem!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same. I've reconnected Spotify to my Bose, thinking I just needed to login again. No go. Same blue screen of silence everyone else is reporting.

My guess is this has nothing to do with Spotify and everything to do with Bose. I've had my soundtouch for seven years now and it's been a source of endless problems. I've even named my device "Soundtouch Blows"

SUGGESTED POSTS