Announcements

Spotify doesn’t play on Bose SoundTouch anymore

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify doesn’t play on Bose SoundTouch anymore

Casual Listener

I have ST20 and ST10. I tried rebooting router and hard reset speakers but Spotify will not play on ST. Plays fine on my Droid phone, iPad and PC. I also uninstalled and reinstalled both ST app and Spotify app. Bose recently changed to allow free Spotify on ST. I suspect an app modification to accommodate that change is causing a communications failure between ST and Spotify. Very frustrating that Spotify does not offer customer service and Bose says it’s a Spotify problem. I guess Bose does not give a S—t if it’s customers can’t use ST for Spotify. Makes me regret my Bose purchases.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Same thing for me. This last 2 days spotify connect fails to connect to either my SoundTouch 10 or Soundtouch 300. Both were working OK before.
I have restarted both speakers and the wifi, but issue is still there.
It does not matter if I use the Android Spotify App, or Windows client, its the same result.
Highlighted

Visitor

I'm having this issue currently (May 7, 2020). None of the suggested 'resets' have worked. Any other ideas? 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I just got off the phone with Bose customer support. He said it's Spotify server issue of which Spotify and Bose are both aware and are working to resolve.  He could not provide an ETA but said server issues like this are normally resolved in a day or two.  He read (or at least purported to read) an update the Bose tech team had recently issued to the Bose customer care folks.  We'll see.  

Highlighted

Music Fan

same problem for me. since yesterday (may 6, 2020). i've been doing all kinds of bizarre troubleshooting... in the soundtouch app, amazon music works with no problem, but spotify has the same behavior as everyone else (blue screen, no music, etc). spotify works if i connect to the ST10 speaker BY AIRPLAY in the spotify app, BUT NOT BY SPOTIFY CONNECT. what the?

and by the way - the ST10 speaker has always been visible in my spotify connect "select a device" list, it's just that it would/could not connect.

my setup has been behaving very inconsistently, and sometimes it feels like something "jiggles the handle" and then it works fine, only to stop again after a minute or two.

now things seem to be working okay. (connected via spotify connect with consistent behavior between spotify app and soundtouch app - go figure)

sounds like it's being resolved (as Guitarwannabe mentioned)?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Update: fixed by now. My ST 10 is streaming fine for a couple of hours.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Glad to hear it’s working for you now. Not me yet

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Try contacting @SpotifyCares on Twitter.... hope it helps
Highlighted

Hey all,

Thank you for reaching out about this here in the Community.

What you've mentioned was reported here and should be fixed now. Could you give it another try and let us know how it goes?

Thanks!

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland
Highlighted

Bose st 30 stil can't connect to Spotify..

Regular
SUGGESTED POSTS