Announcements

Spotify doesn't work on Fire Stick anymore

Elena

Hey folks!

Thank you for your comments and reports here.

Right now we have an Ongoing issue with what you seem to be experiencing on your Amazon Fire TVs.

We'd recommend leaving a +Vote in our Ongoing Issue thread if you already haven't.

You can also subscribe to that thread via the three dot menu so that you'll be notified when we have any updates.

We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

Have a lovely day!

Highlighted

Re: Can’t connect to any Firestick. Just says Connecting... with no error messages.

Music Fan
Just chatted with Spotify support. They are aware of this issue and working on a fix. They said they will push a fix without they need of updating the app. They also said they would notify me and that as of this writing there is no ticket.
Highlighted

Re: Can’t connect to any Firestick. Just says Connecting... with no error messages.

Visitor
Same here! How can I contact them and be notified when it’s solved?
Highlighted

Re: Spotify app doesn't connect to the internet on Fire Stick TV 4K

Casual Listener
It's pretty annoying. To pay for something and let alone in case of troubles 😕
Highlighted

Re: Spotify doesn't work on Fire Stick anymore

Visitor

Me too! Literally done all the trouble shooting and nothing is working. Even unplugged the fire stick for a bit and deleted the data and cache yet same. It just stays on the login page once you’ve put in the details or continues to connect on my phone to no result. It has been like this for 3 days and I’m starting to get annoyed because we use it all the time on the tv.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same! This only has been happening today (when I logged in at 3:00 am to play music) I thought it was just me. I’ve tried everything, uninstalling on phone and fire stick, clearing data and cache, restarting my fire stick and phone, un plugging and re plugging in my fire stick cable to the tv, logging out and back in, and restarting the Spotify through fire stick about 10,000 times and nothing has worked. It just says “connecting...” and nothing happens. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one with this issue. I hope they fix this tonight so I can play music while I sleep 😞

Highlighted

Music Fan
Not sure - they did not specify. They did say there was no ticket open for this so not sure how we will know.
Highlighted

Music Fan
Yep - did all that as well. Uninstall and re-isntall on TV and phone. restarted wifi modem, powered down fire sticks multiple times, cleared cache and data - nothing.
Highlighted

Music Fan
Highlighted

Casual Listener

They said they are working on fixing it. They said it was a problem with the Amazon fire stick and it should be fixed soon. I’m going to check back tonight to see if they fixed it!

Highlighted

Re: Spotify doesn't work on Fire Stick anymore

Visitor

Same story here. Started Saturday afternoon, continues today. 3 fire sticks, 3 TVs, same problem. Tried uninstalling, cache clearing and the app hangs at the login screen. Casting from my phone to a Chromecast works fine. All other Firestick apps work fine.

Anybody at Spotify listening?

SUGGESTED POSTS