Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't work on LG TV with soundbar LG SN7Y with digital sound out set to pass through

Spotify doesn't work on LG TV with soundbar LG SN7Y with digital sound out set to pass through

Plan

Premium

Device

TV LG NANO86, Soundbar LG SN7Y

Operating System

webOs 5.1.0

My Question or Issue

Spotify doesn't work on TV with soundbar connected through HDMI ARC when sound out is set to pass through. I tried to uninstall the app and reinstall, turn the tv and soundbar off/on, update the soundbar firmware but nothing worked. It only works when sound out setting is set to PCM but i do not want to keep it to PCM and changing every time i want to hear songs on spotify is very annoying.

• TV
6 Replies

Hey there @xhuko,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Could you try unplugging your TV from power for a few seconds and plug it back in?

If that doesn't make any difference, can you let us know if this happens when using the Spotify app in the TV directly, if it happens when using Connect from another device, or both?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

I tried unplugging the tv but it didn't help. This is happening when i use the spotify app on the tv. If i connect to the soundbar via bluetooth it works fine. Also i noticed that some songs work fine but most of them don't, i would say 95% do not work.

Hey @xhuko

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their account using your TV to see if they can replicate this?

You can also create a new test account if you don't have any other account you can use. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes i tried with my girlfriend account and it has also the same issue.

I just received today update to webOS 5.2.1 and it seems that the issue is fixed now.

Hi @xhuko

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We're glad to hear that you're no longer experiencing this issue. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always a message away. 

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts