Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify family account pauses other profiles when using Sonos

Spotify family account pauses other profiles when using Sonos

My wife and I have a family account (with two profiles), when she listens at home (using her profile) on our Sonos it pauses what I'm listening to at work on my iMac (on my profile).

When she isn't using the Sonos it isn't an issue.  

Anyone else had this issue and know how to resolve it?

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Try logging out of both accounts and logging back in again.

There's a chance you logged into Sonos with your account rather than her's. Make sure you set up the Sonos system to play from her account.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Similar thread. Found many threads about just one Spotify account at Sonos But this Should be solved now! Or?? Trying to add my wifes Spotify account to Sonos. Installation goes fine all the way to the end, but returning to Sonos the account is not there. Why? Closing webbrowser and reopen it, there is a error message (500) are the Spotify servers down?
We have a family account. Latest apps. Of course, she wants her play lists ...

Same case for me - my girlfriend listens on he account at home on Sonos, I'm listening on my Mac with my account in the office. Everytime a new song starts, it stops with the message, that "Spotify has paused… somewhere else."

She started initialy my account on the Sonos and asked if I'm listening right now. After I told her that I do - she switched to her account.

I think, the session is not closed after switching to another user…

Suggested posts