Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Roku doesn't show my playlists anymore!

Spotify for Roku doesn't show my playlists anymore!

I use the Spotify channel on my Roku device. 4 days ago my playlists disappeared. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the channel but it's still not working. Any ideas?
14 Replies

This happened to me a couple days ago! I'm very interested in the solution.

Same thing happened to me too 🙄🙄 it's already annoying that this app hasn't been updated in a few years and this is just making it worse, like seriously Spotify????????

I emailed Spotify. Not that it will resolve anything but they need to know its not an isolated incident. 

did you ever get a response from spotify?

I'm having this exact problem. Looks like there's been no answer?

just happened to me...is there a fix?

I had the playlist yesterday but today it's missing. Roku 3 by the way. 

There is a larger "Ongoing Issues" thread, where this issue is being tracked/investigated. Check it out at the following link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998

Same this here. Its SUPER ANNOYING to type on the roku every **bleep**ing song I want to listen to. Also when are we going to be able to connect it as one of our devices on spotify. Sometimes I like playing it on my computer and controlling with my phone. When is this **bleep** gonna get fixed, like I paged for premium I want to live in 2017 here and have this **bleep** working flawless

If it helps to figure out the problem, the other link that's account-specific, Inbox, doesn't show up either.  Just "What's New" and Accounts.

Unfortunately, the Inbox feature going away is a separate thing....Spotify announced about a month ago that they were in the process of intentionally phasing-out the Inbox/Messaging feature. This SUCKS, & is largely viewed as a horrible idea by most of the Spotify community....but at least you now know that it's completely unrelated to the playlist issue.

You can read Spotify's official announcement about disabling the Inbox feature at the following thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Inbox-and-messages/m-p/1589566

Yep, me too.  If I can't get my playlists on Roku, I'm going to cancel my Premium account.  This is ridiculous.

This is completely unacceptable.  I want a refund.  The Roku box worked for years with Spotify. Spotify chose to change.  You fix your app and refund us your money.  The Premium service is useless without the Playlist feature.  Fix it soon or I'm gone and I will expect reimburzement for the time and effort to create those Playlists.  I already invested in Roku and do not want to buy some new product to appease you.  You should be appeasing me.  It worked fine before so, perhaps before you make changes you should do a better job of preparing and helping your customers instead of blindsiding them with a faulty product.  Unacceptable that you gave us no or little notice.  With all the emails from I do not remember one about this MAJOR issue.  Plenty about the new music you were selling but nothing about the destruction of our service on Roku.  UNACCEPTABLE

They also changed their service and its no longer compatible with Roku in terms of Playlists.  They say that they are working with Roku.  My feeling is why would they change a perfectly working app with Roku and all their current customers? Was this just to appease Google or some other entity?  Not fair to us with Roku who have been paying for Premium service for years and put a lot work into creating Playlists.  This is a big slap in the face to the current customers.

Suggested posts