Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Roku

Solved!

Spotify for Roku

I am interested in becoming a Spotify Premium member but only one issue is holding me back. I would love to be able to stream Spotify to my Roku device. I have read that a Spotify channel is in the works and is actually at or near completion. Is this true and if so, when will it be made available. I would gladly become a premium member to receive it.

Thank you,

Neal  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So, is that a "no"?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Currently so, yes. I imagine a Roku app would work very, very similar to the one's available for Boxee and WD TV. However, nothing specifically available for Roku at the moment.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

So that article I read back in November speculating that a spotify channel for roku was in the works was bogus? Bummer... it is really the ONLY thing keeping me from purchasing a premium subscription. http://gigaom.com/video/spotify-roku-channel/

Marked as solution

Yes, please develop a Roku version that's what's stopping me from upgrading too, FWIW, I can play my Pandora stations on my Roku just fine. . .

28 Replies

I second this strongly.

Hey guys - Could you guys post this under the "Ideas" section? We're trying to collect ideas and things there - it allows us to keep track of them a little easier.
Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

So, is that a "no"?

Marked as solution

Currently so, yes. I imagine a Roku app would work very, very similar to the one's available for Boxee and WD TV. However, nothing specifically available for Roku at the moment.
Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

So that article I read back in November speculating that a spotify channel for roku was in the works was bogus? Bummer... it is really the ONLY thing keeping me from purchasing a premium subscription. http://gigaom.com/video/spotify-roku-channel/

@fergmelk wrote:

I've not encountered that before - Seems like a fan made design mock up. We're flattered!

Airhorn Enthusiast

This would be a huge plus for me.  I would add Roku boxes to all four TVs if I could reach my Spotify Premium account that way (I can access Netflix and Amazon VOD on the extra TVs via the Blueray player's apps).   

Focus the developemnt team on this instead of some of the obscure channels I see on the add menu, IMO.

J

Marked as solution

Yes, please develop a Roku version that's what's stopping me from upgrading too, FWIW, I can play my Pandora stations on my Roku just fine. . .

Yeah. I cancelled spotify and switched to MOG. It's kind of a bummer because I like the Spotify interface WAY better but MOG works on Roku which fits my lifestyle better. If Spotify develops a Roku app I'll switch back.

I also cancelled my premium because there wasn't a channel for the roku! I would love one.

+1 on Roku!!!  I check all the time hoping that an announcement has been made.  I will have to check out Mog.

Ditto.

Same here. Roku is all i need for my TV. Forget cable. I would love to have access to Spotify on my Roku. Using MOG right now. Anyone know if MOG has a computer based app and if it works as nicely as spotify?

just adding my name as another soon-to-be cancelled spotify premium user going to MOG

I'm a MOG user, too. I'm frustrated with them because NOTHING ever changes there. At least I've seen a lot of change in spotify since the last time I looked into it (before canceling Rhapsody to go with MOG). I agree that the Roku issue is in the way of a premium upgrade for me, and it seems like spotify has decided not to make that a priority. Too bad.

I 20th that.  I had premium but got rid of it to switch to a service which supports Roku.  I'd switch back if Roku or Xbox were supported.

Im not currently a premium member but I would sign up for premium if there was Roku support. Id even be willing to pay a one time contribution to help fund development on top of the premiums.

Me too.  Roku would be grerat, but I would take XBox too.  I switched to Rdio until something works in the living room.

Suggested posts