Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Windows Phone 8 Not Working

Solved!

Spotify for Windows Phone 8 Not Working

Hello, I have installed the Spotify app for Windows Phone 8 but it does not work. When I try and log in, it says that I need a premium account error code 409. I tried uninstalling it and reinsallting it and it still does not work. I can log in and use spotify radio on my ipod touch with no problem. I tried logging in with my spotify user name and my facebook user name and both give the same error. I have an AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 smartphone. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@startgame412 wrote:

I see. So in order to use the spotify app on Windows Phone 8 one has to be a Spotify premium subscriber? yes I am in the United States. Thanks.

Yup, the Windows Phone App requires premium. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Do you have Spotify Premium? 

It sounds like you might be in the US using Spotify radio for free on your iPod Touch, if that is the case be aware the Windows Phone 8 application does not support the radio feature so you need Spotify Premium to use that application. 

Peter

Peter

I see. So in order to use the spotify app on Windows Phone 8 one has to be a Spotify premium subscriber? yes I am in the United States. Thanks.

Marked as solution

@startgame412 wrote:

Yup, the Windows Phone App requires premium. 

Peter

Peter

HI Peter, I have a premium account and I used till a few days ago Spotify on my WP8 using 3G..... now it only works on wiFi...

I have a Lumia 920 with Amber, any suggestion??

I'm not the most knowledgable person with WP8 unfortunately, have you tried reinstalling the app? 

@MichaelJerzak might have more suggestions?

Peter

Peter

Ummm, maybe if windows phone requires a premium membership (which i understand was probably because of microsoft trying to push xbox music) maybe you should go ahead and stop advertising that its free for 'mobile' on the spotify app. you know since at this moment i have the mobile app and would require premium. specify apple and android. or continue to get a load of complaints and some bad reviews (incase you haven't noticed your windows marketplace rating recently dropped to 2.5 stars.

Spotify on Windows Phone does not require Premium providing you are using Windows Phone 8 or above. However as you mentioned, there does appear to be something broken at the minute!

Peter

I'm having trouble with my spotify app on my iPod, I was wondering if you can help me with that problem. When I use the title filter, and I click on a song a different one plays. Can you please help me with this problem?

Suggested posts