Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Xbox one sounds very choppy, slowed down, and impossible to use while playing a game

Spotify for Xbox one sounds very choppy, slowed down, and impossible to use while playing a game

When I'm on the app itself on Xbox one, sound is good, can hear the music, and everything. When I start playing a game w the music in the back, it's super choppy, laggy, and not like the song at all. Wondering if there's a way to fix this so I can listen to the music while playing without it sounding absolutely terrible?
6 Replies

Mine does the exact same thing! It'd be nice if a patch came out for the problem 🤔

I am finding the exact same issue. I have been waiting for Spotify to come to XBox one for so long to use it in exactly this way whilst playing Elite Dangerous, but its unlistenable as is. Please fix this Spotify!

Hi,

This is fixed in the latest version of Spotify for Xbox One app. Check if you are running the latest version.

I'm running the latest version now 4-5 years after the OP. It is not fixed. Right now I'm not even playing a game and it's stuttering, its not internet related either. May be a Microsoft software issue cause occasionally game clip audio stutters/crackles randomly (but rare).

I’m on series s in 2023 and it’s still happening, I assume it’s not gonna be fixed

here i am another year later and the same problem🤘

Suggested posts