Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in Dubai, UAE

Spotify in Dubai, UAE

Just moved out here and now my account wont work. Is there a way to get around this? Because as far as I understand, Spotify is not available in the UAE. I have a free account.

Thanks.

17 Replies

You would need to subscribe to Spotify Premium/Unlimited using a payment method registered in a country where Spotify is available.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, NO - it is not enough to become a paying subscriber if you are INSIDE UAE already. Spotify does NOT support delivery of services in other regions/countries than those posted, as there are no copyright agreements in place, thus distribution FROM THEIR SIDE would be illegal. They detect IP addresses for the same reason.

YOU CAN - get Spotify to work in UAE, but only by using VPN or IP tunnelling to a country where Spotify exists and your ACCOUNT is registered. It is LEGAL and can not be detected. This can be set up either by software on your PC, or by coding your ROUTER with the needed IP addresses and login data for the VPN tunneling - that would make all your Internet traffic go through the tunnel, and thus APPEAR if it came from the country that you have defined. Using this method, Netflix would also work - legally.

Should point out registering in a country you don't actually live in is against the Spotify terms of usage.

Peter

Hello

I wondered if any of you might be able ot confirm for me...
I had a premium Spotify account in Australia where I was living prior to the UAE.
I postponed (?) my account because I wasnt sure whether I would still be able ot access the service.

I got a little bit lost with the previous message about VPN/ IP tunelling...
I am not very tech savy. Is this something I can get someone to do for me??

Is it possible/ worth me reactivating my account? Will I be able to use?

Thank you!!!

@Angela_Michelle - As long as you have a payment method registered in Australia (such as a credit or debit card) then you can subscribe to Premium using that card. Spotify Premium gives you unlimited abroad listening, so you will be able to use your Premium account no matter where you are in the world.

Peter

Thanks for your help.

So my spotify does work in Dubai on my mac and PC laptops - but not off my Samsung Galaxy S3 or Blackberry Q5.

I've tried downloading the apps via https://www.spotify.com/download/other/ but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Hi Angela_Michelle,

You will find that the mobile providers may block it as well, as it is
basically unwanted in Middle East until they reach an agreement with Spotify
that also incorporates the 51% business model widely used here.

On your mobile devices, you may be avle to use it if you have a VPN
application, these are widely available in the App Store for the device
(Apple, Samsung etc). They work by displacing your internet connection to
another country. It is a greyzone legally if it is allowed, but I have seen
it works.

Hope you find a solution, I am happy to help. I use Spotify every day both
on sationary devcies and on mobile devices.

Kind regards

Ole

Hey Osander, Took your feedback for VPN installation to get Spotify on my PC and its working now. In regards to downloading Spotify through the iphone app store, is there a certain procedure as well? Thanks for your help! 

I used to have a samsung note 4 where I donwloaded Spotify using a VPN. I recently chnaged my mobile to an iPhone 6s plus and now though I have an account, I'm not able to download the file. 😞 

What shoudl I do? Is there any way I'll be able to install it? I live in the UAE.

Hi, just wondering I asked my sister to make an account for me from Philippines so I can use spotify here in Dubai. The first 3 weeks I was able to use spotify here and just today when I open my spotify it's not working anymore 😞 

If I upgrade to premium my spotify will work again? Thank you.

is there any other way on how to use spotify while im here at dubai? i really love spotify and mg music time wont be the same without it 😭

Its really easy, here:

1. Go on Google, and do some research on any good VPN that would work (Some may work in the UAE, some may not, hence the research).
  2. After you find the VPN you want, download it and install it onto your PC.
  3. Once installed, turn it on and choose the country that you made or will make a spotify account on. (Keep in mind that some VPNS dont have a lot of countries, so you might not have your country, unless you subscribr to the premium verion of the VPN).
  4. Once the VPN is turned on, log onto spotify and it should work. After that I think you can turn off the VPN once you are logged in, as long as you dont close Spotify, otherwise you will have to turn on the VPN again to log into spotify again.
  5. (Yes you need to turn the VPN every single time you log into spotify if you have closed the app previously).

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Any ideas how I can get Spotify on my iPhone in Dubai? Because VPN doesnt
work to download the thing here. 😛

Hello, no you do not need to turn on VPN every single time, just for logging in, Spotify never logs you out, been using it for months and only turned VPN on once I logged in 5 months ago

Im using an apple device, and in my apple account I set the country to which spotify is accessible. I hope thesame works for you! 🙂 

I am currently using my friends account from britain and i wanna have my own account but i think it hasn't reached dubai yet cause it doesnt work,But my friends have a account and im wondering how do i fix this.

Suggested posts