Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify interface streaming to Sonos?!

Spotify interface streaming to Sonos?!

I am the proud owner of the Sonos system. Just started my Spotify premium account, everything works great except, I can't use my PC interface, where I can really take advantage of what spotify offers, which is, imo, a great way to browse, sample and select music on the fly, without committing them to playlists etc.

Problem is, listening to Spotify on my PC speakers doesn't do the job. I have a 19" monitor on my PC that really lets me browse everything much more effectively and that offers a much richer visual experience, the Sonos a much richer sound experience. Soooo......

So can I get Spotify on my PC  to Sonos streaming? I see this question asked here and it always says its solved but I have never seen the actual solution???

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Whilst it is not possible to control your Sonos from inside the Spotify application (although obviously you can use Spotify to make changes to playlists), Sonos do have a controller which you can install on your computer/phone/tablet to control your system. You can download that from Sonos themselves:

http://www.sonos.com/support/#downloads

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter, thanks for the response. I may not have asked my question clearly...

I don't want to "control" my Sonos from Spotify. In fact I don't mind having the Sonos application open at the same time to control the device. What I want to do is merely send the music I am playing in the Spotify application on my PC, to the Sonos.

I did note as I was trying to make this work that the PC Spotify application stops when I use the Sonos controller to access the music in Spotify. In other words, I don't seem to be able to browse spotify and try songs while playing Spotify content on my Sonos???

Is that correct? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

"I did note as I was trying to make this work that the PC Spotify application stops when I use the Sonos controller to access the music in Spotify."

I think that happens because Spotify only allow you one interface open at a time, so that you can't just send your password to someone else to use. By trying to use both the PC application and the Sonos controller to access Spotify, you appear to be two different people trying to use the same account.

I agree with you - 'sending' music from the PC application to Sonos would be ideal, since the Spoitify plugin in the Sonos controller is very information-poor compared to the main Spotify application, and so half the time, you're not even able to navigate effectively; In the Sonos plugin, an artist search will result in some pretty weird hits until you realise that the artist featured on one track on a complation or such. In the PC application this is a lot clearer (they use highlighting etc to direct you to the correct tracks for your search). In many similar ways the Sonos plugin is substandard for navigating.

Suggested posts