Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps injecting tracks with vocals into non-vocal radio. How do I fix this?

Spotify keeps injecting tracks with vocals into non-vocal radio. How do I fix this?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Windows 10 PC

My Question or Issue

So, I like chiptune, like a lot.  I built a song radio off of a song remix based off an undertale song, found here: 

https://open.spotify.com/track/1hEPY21pijb7EcMKx4f0gS?si=pXs77qMVTqK-gpo73MB-hg

The only problem is that while I love chiptune, I don't like vocals being thrown in, as like it or not most chiptune singers (minus anamanaguchi's guest singers) aren't all that great, and they ruin the song (I want to hear "Spider Dance", not hear you tell me how you've caught me in your web.  The lyrics are cool, but not for this playlist.)

I keep thumbs-downing all the tracks with vocals but they keep coming back.  Is there a way to remove vocals from a playlist, or do I need to use something like Pandora?  I've been using Spotify for ages now, so I'd like to stick with it, but it keeps persistently failing to keep the tone of my radio station the same.

Thank you for your help with this matter.

-- Lana

1 Reply

Hey Lana, 

Currently, Spotify suggests songs for you based on different factors such as genre, artist, or similar music. If you believe that other factors should be taken into consideration such as vocal, and other people would like it, feel free to submit an idea. Others can vote for it and contribute to the discussion.  

Hope that helps (cool song by the way) 🙂

Suggested posts