Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps logging off on samsung qled tv

Spotify keeps logging off on samsung qled tv

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung qled 49q7f

Operating System

The latest smarthub

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps logging me off everytime I turn off my Samsung QLED tv.

Also half of the time when I activate the app I get a green spotify logo frozen. Sometimes it says "fout" under it without a errorcode.

For awhile I used a the trick to solve the problem. I would connect with my samsung phone. Than it would "wake up" and spotify would work normaly. But that trick doesn't work most of the time because my phone doesn't see spotify active on my tv half of the time. My phone has no trouble connecting with my tv for other services like youtube.

You can't delete and reinstall only spotify because it is part of the original software that comes preinstalled with smarthub. I reinstalled the smarthub software two times. So you guessed it: I have to reinstall everything and log in to every service and app and do every setting over again if I want to reinstall spotify. I have done this twice without any succes.

3 Replies

Hey @Jajajaokok, welcome to the Community!

Did this start happening after an app or firmware update? If you have any pending firmware updates, try installing them to see if it helps.

Does Connect work fine if you go to open the app and search for devices on your phone? If not, you can try resetting your network to see if it makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Not that I know of. Shortly after buying the tv this started happening.

The smarthub has been reinstalled a couple of times.

The resseting of my network didn't do anything.

There are no firmware issues that I know off.

Mind you connecting my smartphone to spotify is only part of the problem.

Suggested posts