Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps opening in Mac app. How to stay in web player?

Solved!

Spotify keeps opening in Mac app. How to stay in web player?

Hello all,

When I click the play button on the web player in my browser, the Spotify Mac app is opening to play the music. Since I don't have much RAM in my computer and opening the app takes a while, I'd like to play it instantly in the browser. Does anybody know how to fix this? 

Thanks in advanced! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!, you need to turn of this option from Spotify app settings: "Allow Spotify to be opened from the web"

To do so. Open Spotify App on your Mac. on the tabs click on "Edit" then "Prefrences" .. then scroll all the way down untill you see "Show Advanced Settings" click on it and scroll down and disable that option. "Allow Spotify to be opened from the web"

Hope it helps 😛

This post was by M0HX - I don't work in Spotify, I'm just here to help ^-^
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Press like!

★ Follow me plz | My EDM Playlist ♪| My Website

Feel free to PM me here !

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!, you need to turn of this option from Spotify app settings: "Allow Spotify to be opened from the web"

To do so. Open Spotify App on your Mac. on the tabs click on "Edit" then "Prefrences" .. then scroll all the way down untill you see "Show Advanced Settings" click on it and scroll down and disable that option. "Allow Spotify to be opened from the web"

Hope it helps 😛

This post was by M0HX - I don't work in Spotify, I'm just here to help ^-^
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Press like!

★ Follow me plz | My EDM Playlist ♪| My Website

Feel free to PM me here !

It works! Thank you very much! 

Suggested posts