Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify keeps pausing

Spotify keeps pausing

digforvictory
Music Fan

I'm on a Chromebook using the webplayer and with every song it pauses after about 20 to 30  seconds every time. If you skip forward in the song it plays again for another 30 seconds or so then pauses again.

On my Mac Spotify is running fine so looks like a Web Player thing.

9 Replies

Re: Spotify keeps pausing

Matze282

i have the same problem when i'm running spotify on my iphone and want to stream to my Raumfeld Speakers S. Songs pause usually after 10 to 60 sek. everything is fully updated, quite annoying...

qwyxldex
Gig Goer

Hi - I am seeing exactly the same behaviour on my Yamaha receiver.

See here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Yamaha-AV-Receiver-Spotify-Connect-Rando...

Spotify have obviously changed something :-(

1 person liked this

qwyxldex
Gig Goer

Hi similar issue here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Yamaha-AV-Receiver-Spotify-Connect-Rando...

Spotify have obviously changed something as this has just started happening :-(

nvx
Casual Listener

Same issue on two Spotify Connect devices (Gramofon and Panasonic SC-ALL9) and have friends who have the same.

Unsure we I can report it. Any clues?

oishdgfoihfioe
Casual Listener

Having this issue on my Samsung Sound bar when streaming to it, happens if I stream via Mac desktop and Pixel 2 phone, it's terrible. Will pause after a few songs randomly then just need a complete app close and repairing. What is the issue Spotify? 

blacklord049
Music Fan

Same issue as mentioned in the Yamaha dedicated topic

digforvictory
Music Fan

Have they said if they're going to bother to look into it?

So frustrating.

michaelwatson51

I have a problem streaming to allplay speakers. Spotify will just pause.when I press play it moves to the next track then pauses again. I have logged out of all sessions, reinstalled Spotify and Panasonic music streaming app.. still does it but never on other speakers. Spent hours on help chat with Spotify but nothing work. Very frustrating 

Highlighted

utopia70
Music Fan

some problem for me on with spotify connect on samsung multiroom speakers ...

hope spotify fix this issue fast

SUGGESTED POSTS