Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify keeps randomly switching to Web Player

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify keeps randomly switching to Web Player

dal3macio
Casual Listener

Lately, when I am listening to my playlists on my iphone 7 or my desk top computer, Spotify will randomly switch out of my playlist and on to Web Player and play a random song.  How can I stop this? 

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify keeps randomly switching to Web Player

Jan1231123

It probably is a Spotify problem itself. As for the most people it is switching to bailando and despacito which is also happening to me. Fix ur code brah.

19 Replies

Enrollsnow

I am having that same exact issue. At random interval spotify will stop playing my music and go to random playlist.

Omap

This is hapening to me too, any fix?

Evgenii
Casual Listener

I have same issue with an Android app

nainline28
Casual Listener

This keeps happening to me and it is upsetting me. I will be in the middle of a song and it will just switch. And it is not even any music close to what I listen to. I will be listening to Metalcore and it will switch to a singer-songwriter song or a rap song. Please fix.

Kimbold

I have this issue too and it always ends up playing spanish songs like despacito or bailando and I never listen to these songs and don't know how to fix it. 

Zacmartin10

I’m having this same problem, I changed my password thinking my account was hacked but it kept happening and I downloaded the web player to see if I could stop it and it still does it! It also follows random playlists that I don’t listen to or care for!

Mattg2474
Casual Listener

Having the same exact problem. Anyone figure this bug out yet?

dal3macio
Casual Listener

I haven't heard of any fix yet.  But this is ridiculous.  I signed up for premium because I didn't want interruptions and ads.  This is far worst than an advertisement.  We should get some kind of credit for the last two months!  Spotify is a pain to try to contact for any assistance.

Swanny
Community Legend
Hey guys, please try going to spotify.com/account and resetting your password! I would also suggest using the "log out of all devices" function in your account settings and seeing how that goes :)

SUGGESTED POSTS