Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps showing me the “Brand new music” notification

Spotify keeps showing me the “Brand new music” notification

The day before yesterday an artist (In this case, Charlie Puth) released a new album and spotify gave me the “Brand new music for you” Notification, which appears when an Artist you like uploads new songs, ep’s, albums, etc. So I was okay, then I closed the app, opened it, and it popped out again. Now everytime I open the app the notification pops out and the thing is. I already heard the album, liked it and everything. Spotify shoudn’t be giving the notification if I already saw the album? It’s been pissing me off me because it’s annoying to be hitting the “dismiss” button whenever I open the app. Any help? (Yeah, I’ve already tried uninstalling the app)

1C797D7F-BD51-4D65-A4BE-60FAF671AF68.png
3 Replies

Try unfollowing Charlie Puth?

It didn’t seem to have worked:( it keeps appearing

I'm having the exact same problem on both the Android and iPhone clients.  Tried reinstalling, deleting cached data, and turning on/off notifications from both the apps and web page, nothing will prevent the "Brand New Music For You!" message from appearing when the app starts.  Close the app, open it...and I see the recomendation to listen to the new Gorillaz album every time.  Started 6/28 or 6/29/18.

Suggested posts