Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps skipping songs within 1 second of starting

Solved!

Spotify keeps skipping songs within 1 second of starting

Hi I've had Spotify premium for a long time now and today all of a sudden it just keeps skipping my songs and so I cannot listen to anything.

I've attempted to change my hardware acceleration settings and that didnt help, I've logged out and back in many times and I've restarted the app still the same thing is happening, can anybody help/ is anybody experiencing the same issue as of today 09/09/2015?

**UPDATE**09/10/2015

I managed to find a way to stop the skipping for good, I synced my phone up to my desktop and selected a song on my phone and it played just fine throught the desktop, and today after doing that the songs have stopped skipping! Unsure as to how/why this happened and a spotify Mod should still look into this but this is a possible soultion for anyone who has tried literally everything else!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@glenatelo

Hello:

Just double check that a sound device driver update is not needed. Some Win upgrade users reported doing this and having the problem and some report actually rolling back to the default windows sound driver in the case their sound driver did not need updated. Try that and report back. Also after trying a sound device drive update and/or roll back try to capture the behaviour of what is taking place.

Edited: Note to Spotify Mods, I had to select this post as Accept as Solution myself due to the wrong posts marked and had to undo the others marked in error.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hi Jordan, I have the very same problem as you. All of the sudden I can't play any song. Whenever I press play button the song immediately skips to the next song and it goes all the way down the playlist. Some songs even say "Not avaible". It happened to me on 9/9 as well. I tried turning of hardware acceleration, uninstaling spotify several times, turning off local files, everything. Nothing works. Starting t be desperate. I have win 8.1.

Btw i tried all the of these ideas as well:

-- Check your connection is strong, unrestricted and able to stream from other places, e.g. Netflix, Hulu.
-- Check your firewall settings.
-- Check @SpotifyStatus for service updates.
-- Perform a clean reinstallation.
Everything tried, nothing works. I also updated my audio driver but without any result.

Also tried suggestion from this topic. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Spotify-skips-tracks-immediately-won... did work as well.

I downloaded Deezer app for windows 8 a it does the same thing.

@JordanCampbell1

Hello:

I have responded to your other post about your playback issues, check the other thread you posted in for a possible fix and let us know how it goes OK?

@Makaryszyn

Hello:

Since you went through a rather detailed trouble shooting on your own, I went ahead and escalated your issue since you have not had a fix found yet. So hang in there for awhile while a Spotify Mod gets back on what to do next OK?

Sure, if you find anything new, just let me know. Thanks. PS: New thing I have discovered is that i cannot uninstal Spotify in regular windows mode. It says that it could not find uninstall file. I had to go to the safe mode to do so.Did not help though.

@Makaryszyn

Hello:

I got word back from Spotify Mod @Jason

Hi @JayLB

Thanks for help. The problem with Spotify that I have is on my HP notebook that runs on windows 8.1. Everythink was fine until yesterday when the problem appeared. Here's the video I recorded. 

Unfortunately, I have the same problem as well and it's been bugging me since I updated my laptop to Windows 10. Previously on Windows 7, it has been working fine. However, after the update, my spotify app on my laptop has been facing the same problem of skipping every song all the way down the playlist. I have also tried the methods suggested on the official soptify help page, but to no avail. Is there anything else I am able to do? This is really saddening because I feel super frustrated without being able to listen to my fav songs... 😞

Marked as solution

@glenatelo

Hello:

Just double check that a sound device driver update is not needed. Some Win upgrade users reported doing this and having the problem and some report actually rolling back to the default windows sound driver in the case their sound driver did not need updated. Try that and report back. Also after trying a sound device drive update and/or roll back try to capture the behaviour of what is taking place.

Edited: Note to Spotify Mods, I had to select this post as Accept as Solution myself due to the wrong posts marked and had to undo the others marked in error.

This is exactly what was happening to me except when i left it going for a while the song speed would build momentum and eventually the song being played was just a blur of skipping.

Unfortunately the only solution that worked for me was partial system recovery. Spotify  now runs just fine, but the truth is I am afraid it will happen again after some update.

@Makaryszyn

Hum the next thing to do would be to do each Windows update modules on their own and check Spotify each time, and then try and locate which update module messes things up. That is kind of odd, unless system recovery repaired some broken registry settings. Glad you got it running anyway.

I got my back to normal hahaha
Due to the Windows 10 update, the audio driver is all screwed up 😕
You just need to go reconfigure your audio driver because the default one
is the one that cannot work on Spotify. Search and change to the HD one.

@glenatelo

Fantastic great to read this, umm just one small thing can you perhaps go back one page in this thread and click on my reponse to your issue post and mark that post as Accept as Solution. The thing is that you hit a post I made to another user and marked that post as the solution and that post was just a follow up post to someone elses issue, marking the wrong posts as solutions makes finding solutions a little bit harder and confusing in threads this way. Once you mark my post response to your issue post as a solution, I can unmark the other post that was marked in error as a solution. But great to read you got this fixed none the less. Rock On! \m/

This happened on my phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Problem solved.

I use Spotify web player (using up to date Chrome browser) and this happens a few times every day, the song starts for a second then skips to the next one. Any sign of a fix? 

It's really good you got it working again, but do you know how to fix it when it happens on a PC?

Thanks 😄

And just how you synced your phone to your desktop?

@JordanCampbell1 wrote:

Hi I've had Spotify premium for a long time now and today all of a sudden it just keeps skipping my songs and so I cannot listen to anything.

I've attempted to change my hardware acceleration settings and that didnt help, I've logged out and back in many times and I've restarted the app still the same thing is happening, can anybody help/ is anybody experiencing the same issue as of today 09/09/2015?

**UPDATE**09/10/2015

I managed to find a way to stop the skipping for good, I synced my phone up to my desktop and selected a song on my phone and it played just fine throught the desktop, and today after doing that the songs have stopped skipping! Unsure as to how/why this happened and a spotify Mod should still look into this but this is a possible soultion for anyone who has tried literally everything else!

This just started happening to me last night and I don’t known how to fix it. I tried un-installing and re-installing Spotify various times but I still have the same problem so i don’t really know what to do. 

Suggested posts