Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify log in through Sonos

Solved!

Spotify log in through Sonos

Hi,

I pay for a Spotify premium account and uses my Facebook log in..

The problem is that i can't log on to Spotify through my Sonos system with my facebook log in..

So I need to delete my account that I log on to with my Facebook, then create a new spotify log in, so that I can log on through Sonos, and then transfer my premium membership to my new account..

Can anyone guide me through this process, or explain an easier way to make my Sonos and my Spotify cooperate?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

You just need to create a new device password to sign in with, rather than using your Facebook details.

Instructions for this can be found here: https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Exactly my problem ...I've set device password via Spotify but Sonos wants my login and password (same as facebook apparently) but it doesn't work wehn I enter ....Help??

Marked as solution

ok, I lied ...it told me it wanted my email login & password (thats wrong) when I entered the device username & password it accepts it .....BUT ....I play something from Spotify & it only plays via my laptop - how do I get Spotify to feed through the Sonos player??

Marked as solution

always the way ...sorted just after I posted!

26 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey,

You just need to create a new device password to sign in with, rather than using your Facebook details.

Instructions for this can be found here: https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi,

I pay for a Spotify premium account and uses my Facebook log in..

The problem is that i can't log on to Spotify through my Sonos system with my facebook log in..

So I need to delete my account that I log on to with my Facebook, then create a new spotify log in, so that I can log on through Sonos, and then transfer my premium membership to my new account..

Can anyone guide me through this process, or explain an easier way to make my Sonos and my Spotify cooperate?

Marked as solution

Exactly my problem ...I've set device password via Spotify but Sonos wants my login and password (same as facebook apparently) but it doesn't work wehn I enter ....Help??

Marked as solution

ok, I lied ...it told me it wanted my email login & password (thats wrong) when I entered the device username & password it accepts it .....BUT ....I play something from Spotify & it only plays via my laptop - how do I get Spotify to feed through the Sonos player??

Marked as solution

always the way ...sorted just after I posted!

Thanks 😄

How did u make it work ? i have the same problem 😞

Hey I am having the same issues... I recently installed Sonos and am on the Premium trial but I cannot get the link to connect my devices with a password... when I click on the link you gave another user it really doesnt take me anywhere. The other issue is that I cannot remember my password so I login as my facebook account. Please help, I am desperate to link to all this fab music I have been storing up on Spotify - thanks

@notverytechy wrote:

Hey I am having the same issues... I recently installed Sonos and am on the Premium trial but I cannot get the link to connect my devices with a password... when I click on the link you gave another user it really doesnt take me anywhere. The other issue is that I cannot remember my password so I login as my facebook account. Please help, I am desperate to link to all this fab music I have been storing up on Spotify - thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Christ. The product is expensive enough yet the idiot developers couldn't even get the login to sync up from a music software that everybody in the world listens to. It's a freaking amp, speaker cable, and a wirless router. Not rocket science idiots (I'm talking at the SONOS developers)... but I do "love" my Christmas present from my wife. It's just frustrating that's all. 

Go to the settings wheel then manage services the change your spotify account

Hi, like all you other genius's , I cannot get logged into Sonos even though android accepts... when i am redirected to spotify their page has errors on it how high tech is that? if spotify accepts facebook login why not sonos? At least i am only on a free trial with spotify I can cancel , but will I lose all my downloaded music on my tablet if I cancel ?, Yours,  stressed music love. p.s.  I have contacted Sonos ...can anyone fill me in like a dummys guide to login sonos/spotify in three easy steps>

@donegaldaisy wrote:

Hi, like all you other genius's , I cannot get logged into Sonos even though android accepts... when i am redirected to spotify their page has errors on it how high tech is that? if spotify accepts facebook login why not sonos? At least i am only on a free trial with spotify I can cancel , but will I lose all my downloaded music on my tablet if I cancel ?, Yours,  stressed music love. p.s.  I have contacted Sonos ...can anyone fill me in like a dummys guide to login sonos/spotify in three easy steps>

Just follow the steps in this help page to set your device password and retrieve your Spotify username for Sonos. 

Peter

Peter

Peter thanks for tyring but as I said the problem is the FAQ page comes up as error every time I cannot access the FAQs..... can sptotify techns fix this? then I may have a chance!

Connect Spotify to your Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD or Boxee Box system

Use Spotify with your Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD or Boxee Box system

To use Spotify with any of these devices you need to login with your Spotify username and password (it’s unfortunately not possible to use Facebook credentials).

You can retrieve your Spotify username and create your device password here

Once you have your Spotify username and your new password, please login to Spotify on your audio system with your new details. Note that you need a Premium subscription to use any of these devices with Spotify.

Upgrade your account to Premium here.

Peter

Peter

REal problem now I have all my music from spotify on Sonos byt it wont play because it says a/c login invalid help!!!

@donegaldaisy wrote:

REal problem now I have all my music from spotify on Sonos byt it wont play because it says a/c login invalid help!!!

Strange, do you have a premium subscription?

Peter

Peter

I did have a premium a/c but to be honest it has proved too much hassle , so I have just now uninstalled and will stick with my ipad and go for the cheaper a/c ..... I do not think facebook should be involved in login and i do not agree that sonos owners should have a spotify premium a/c just because they have sonos.... but thanks for your help... also sonos were no help and told me that because i am in ireland I couldnt get spotify ..yet all the playlists did download but wouldn't play , now I cant get them off the spotify system on sonos !!!! life is too short.... It would need to be made simple like livewire was  or such like ..again thanks fo r your help. DD 

Hi I'm trying to set up my spotify on sonos and am trying to log in through Facebook. I've followed the instructions to set up a username and password and it says its emailed them to me but the email never comes through, any ideas?

Suggested posts