Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify log in through Sonos

Solved!

Spotify log in through Sonos

Hi,

I pay for a Spotify premium account and uses my Facebook log in..

The problem is that i can't log on to Spotify through my Sonos system with my facebook log in..

So I need to delete my account that I log on to with my Facebook, then create a new spotify log in, so that I can log on through Sonos, and then transfer my premium membership to my new account..

Can anyone guide me through this process, or explain an easier way to make my Sonos and my Spotify cooperate?

26 Replies

@Rickyc wrote:
Hi I'm trying to set up my spotify on sonos and am trying to log in through Facebook. I've followed the instructions to set up a username and password and it says its emailed them to me but the email never comes through, any ideas?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Give it a little time, sometimes it just takes a while, also be sure to check your spam/junk folders. If you don't get it, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to manually send you out the email.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had a 48 hour trial with spotify and have now upgraded to a free 30 days of spotify premium and then I pay monthly.
Having done that my sonos will not play spotify because it says I need to upgrade.
How do I get sonos to accept that I have upgraded?

@Glencrossj wrote:
I had a 48 hour trial with spotify and have now upgraded to a free 30 days of spotify premium and then I pay monthly.
Having done that my sonos will not play spotify because it says I need to upgrade.
How do I get sonos to accept that I have upgraded?

Is it possible to remove/add your account and the application from Sonos? 

Peter

Peter

I have used three days on this same problem. After trying everything else - I read it has something to do with the router. I today disconnected the router also, the Sonos "thing" and went in to InternetExplorer/Options/delete delete cookies but also in top favorite cookies. Now after re attached sonos and router I logged in to Sonos and went under spotify - and tratada I came to the place where I was linked to spotify to enter the spotify code and the password - thanks god - and evrything works again - damm but used three days on this. Hope other can use this method. Regards!  

No they can't this page no longer exists and if you do find the description written on the forums it's no longer relevant the features have been removed - how the hell do we login without Facebook on devices that don't have facebook!

If your account was created using Facebook but you need a Spotify username and password, click the set device password option on your online profile:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Once you have set that up, you can use that password and your numerical Spotify username to log in.

Peter

Hey Richard,

This link https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/devices/connect-d​evices/ doesn't seem to work for me (maybe because I have a account in the Netherlands?) Could you point me to the right instructions on the Spotify website where I can get rid of my Facebook login for Spotify and create a device name and password as discribed as the solution on this link https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/spotify_login_information_not_valid suggested by de Spotify moderator Adam here : https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Unable-to-connect-to-sportify-through-So...

Thanks

Addy

Suggested posts