Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify no longer connects to Sonos speakers

Solved!

Spotify no longer connects to Sonos speakers

boivins-ca
Casual Listener

About two days ago (Aug 8th 2019), Spotify no longer connects to my Sonos speakers.  This has been working up until then.

Logged in to Spotify, I see my Sonos speakers, try to connect and nothing happens.  Using Apple phone, Windows 10 Surface.  Neither work.

Removed the Spotify service on Sonos and re-added.  Restarted both devices, reset the Sonos speakers (unplugged, replugged).  Nothing seems to work. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 6 and Surface Pro WIndows 10.

Operating System

iOS 12.4, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify no longer connects to Sonos speakers

heer2351
Regular

That unfortunately did not solve it for me. 

However allowing mobile data did resolve it on my iPhone. See: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Bug-Spotify-connect-not-working-when-Spotify-is-lim...

For family members with an Android phone the problem persists. 

11 Replies

gtrat35
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue. Power cycled router and speaker, reinstalled Spotify and Sonos apps, removed and added Spotify service back to Sonos app. Trying to control with iPhone X.

heer2351
Regular

Same issue 

Delphibiz
Casual Listener

Facing the same issue as well. I can play Spotify thru the Sonos app but not via Web Player, Windows Desktop App and iOS app. 

gtrat35
Casual Listener

Someone on the Sonos boards posted this, and it worked for me:

Remove Spotify from the services in the Sonos app, wait 10mins, and add Spotify back to the services (I didn't add it back until the next day because I forgot about it).

Solution!

heer2351
Regular

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Bug-Spotify-connect-not-working-when-Spotify-is-lim...

Delphibiz
Casual Listener

@heer2351 wrote:

Your link to enable mobile data works for my iPhone as well. Thanks for sharing the link. After the app is able to locate the Sonos speaker I turned off mobile data and it continues to work and even works on the desktop app.

Spotify please fix this bug ASAP!

Delphibiz
Casual Listener

@gtrat35 wrote:

Someone on the Sonos boards posted this, and it worked for me:

Remove Spotify from the services in the Sonos app, wait 10mins, and add Spotify back to the services (I didn't add it back until the next day because I forgot about it).

Nope it didn't work for me but I'm glad it did for you. Cheers.

boivins-ca
Casual Listener

I tried this, even waiting a couple of hours before re-adding the Spotify service to Sonos app and it did not work for me.

Highlighted

boivins-ca
Casual Listener

Ah!  Allowing Spotify to use Cellular data works!  It's just a workaround and I hope Spotify fixes this soon.  

SUGGESTED POSTS