Announcements

Spotify no longer connects to Sonos speakers

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify no longer connects to Sonos speakers

Casual Listener

Allowing Cellular data for Spotify works.  Hoping Spotify rectifies this bug soon, but for now this works.

Thanks all,

Sylvie

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This worked for me! Finally! 🙂 I also noticed that if you don't download offline content then the sonos speakers stay.. 

Guess just have to be careful with Cell data now. 

Spotify please fix your app!! 

Highlighted

This works for me. Thank you so much.

Highlighted

Visitor

This just started happening to me and this fix doesn’t work, any other ideas? 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Came to this thread because this is suddenly happening to me as well, music stopped playing around 3 hours ago and now every time I try to play it just says "Spotify failed to connect". Android phone (Google pixel 3), this has been working for me for approximately six years with no problems.

Highlighted

I am having the exact same issue. I got it to connect once from an iPad about five minutes ago but lost it. 

It does not work from iPhone, macOS, or iPad. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
That did not work for me.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

That did not work for me either.  I have 2 Sonos 1 speakers that were working perfectly and all of a sudden yesterday jus stopped. I've tried all possible fixes here but nothing is working. It works through the Sonos app but not through Spotify. What is the deal?? Anyone? 

iPhone 11

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I went into Settings > Services & Voice > Spotify > Reauthorize Account and that seemed to fix my problems briefly last night, but the issue is returning again this morning.

Highlighted

*snip*

Casual Listener

Reupping that I'm having the exact same issue, and on this same timeframe. Google Pixel 3a; Windows 10; Sonos App -- nothing connects to Spotify. Like one of the previous posters, I got a connection for like 15 minutes that then--just as suddenly--went away. I've rebooted the rerouter; removed and reinstalled the Spotify service from the app; reauthorized the service through the app. When I ask for Spotify I still get, "[long pause]," phrase of success ("alright, here's the Spotify playlist called XYZ,"), followed immediately by "Sorry, I couldn't reach Sonos."

I've had the speakers for about two months and this has worked great that whole time until now.

SUGGESTED POSTS