Spotify no longer supports this version of chrome.

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify no longer supports this version of chrome.

SpicyPeppers
Casual Listener

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome

My Question or Issue

I can log in a browse normally, look at playlists, etx. But, whenever I try to play any song/playlist, I get an error pop saying I need to update my chrome, even though it's in the latest version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify no longer supports this version of chrome.

Hey all,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with Spotify in Chrome and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

32 Replies

lr037y1-2_aj
Casual Listener

I have this problem, too. I have been trying to find ways to fix it regarding Chrome but only seem to find other web browsers solving the problem. Everything I've tried from different web browsers so far has not worked in the same at all. 

TopFive
Casual Listener

I’ve been having the same issue the past teo weeks. Have not been able to figure it out and it has been driving me crazy. 

Regular

This started to happen in my ubuntu after I ran a system update last week. My chrome is in the latest version available (70.0.3538.77-1).

My ubuntu is Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS, 64 bits.

When I run open.spotify.com, click to listen to a playlist, that error message appears. The chrome console shows the following errors:

POST https://guc-spclient.spotify.com/widevine-license/v1/audio/license?exp=1566485555&cp=&tok=429AEC9012... 400
vendor.989fd50c.js:1 POST https://guc-spclient.spotify.com/widevine-license/v1/audio/license?exp=1566485555&cp=&tok=429AEC9012... 400

When I open the open.spotify.com page there are some uncaught javascript exceptions that chrome detects.

mmusgrave
Visitor

Had the same issue. To fix I went to more in top right corner of tab, hovered over Help, then clicked About Chrome OS. Had to click restart in order to complete browser update.

TopFive
Casual Listener

Unfortunately I’m not on a Chrome OS so I dont have that option. Still trying to figure this thing out...

Hey all,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you are still experiencing this issue, could you please try to clear your browser and cookies? 

If it doesn't try an incognito browsing session and and a different account and let us know how that goes. That way we can find out if it's related to the browser or to your account.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

TopFive
Casual Listener

I cleared all my history, cache and cookies and that did not work. Tried going incognito and that didnt work either. I dont have another account to try so cant try that one for you. If it helps any I am running fully updated Chrome on a Mac. 

sudobasher
Visitor

cleared everything out of my browser, and spotify still doesn't work anymore. this started last week sometime. bleh.

using brave browser on ubuntu 18.04.3 desktop.

debug info:

$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version: core-9.20170808ubuntu1-noarch:printing-9.20170808ubuntu1-noarch:security-9.20170808ubuntu1-noarch
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Release: 18.04
Codename: bionic
$ dpkg -l | grep brave-browser
ii brave-browser 0.68.131 amd64 The web browser from Brave

pavel_reichl
Casual Listener

wth? Fix the problem on your site! This is not how you treat paying customers.

SUGGESTED POSTS