Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not compatible with Microsoft Excel when using DDE links?

Spotify not compatible with Microsoft Excel when using DDE links?

Hi Guys,

I like listening to Spotify whilst working but it seems that when I try to run a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that uses DDE input whilst also listening to Spotify that Spotify renders the DDE unusable. Basically it freezes up my Excel spreadsheet. When I exit spotify my spreadsheets work as intended. Has anyone else experienced this and/or does anyone know how to fix this? Is it possible that Spotify is simply not compatible with Excel when used in this way (Spotify - if this is the case can you please rectify).

Thanks in Advance,

GH27

6 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I'm not that experienced in Excel, so I can't test this, but I'll escalate it to the staff as a potential issue.

A few questions:

What OS and Spotify version are you running?

Have you tried a quick Clean reinstallation of Spotify?

If anyone else has the same issue, feel free to press the me too button and post answering the 2 questions above.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 1 and Microsoft Excel 2010 verion 14.0.7106.5003. I am using Spotify version 0.9.4.185.g7545a404.

The issue is not isolated to my PC as other Spotify users in my office are experiencing the same problem. Non-Spotify users are unaffected.

I have also tried the following all without success:

Repaired .Net

Repaired Office 2010

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Office 2010

Disabled Windows Firewall

Ensured that I'm running the same version of .Net, Office 2010, Iress Neo and IOS as a known working PC

Thanks,

GH27

Sorry. You can ignore the reference to Iress Neo and IOS. Those are custom programs that feed DDE to excel but I don't believe they're reoevant in this instance becasue other custom programs that I use to run DDE have the same effect.

I believe this is my issue as well.  I am running OS windows 7 enterprise and my spotify version is 0.904.185.g7545a404

I should perhaps also have mentioned that this is a relatively new problem i.e. it only started occuring in early October - I presume either as a result of a new version of Spotify being released and/or a Microsoft Excel update being released. Either way, there appears to be a compatability issue between the two. alissaraney is this a relatively new problem for you also?

Spoiler
I am having the same problem. It began a month or two ago and simply I can not open up Excel files when using Spotfy premium on my desktop. Browser spotify works fine but I would rather use my desktop version, can this be fixed?

Suggested posts