Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC, Android Phone, Echo, Echo Dot

Operating System

Windows 10, Android Oreo, Amazon OS

My Question or Issue

When I try to connect to the Amazon devices (Echo or Echo Dot) I either cannot see them on the available devices on the Spotify app. Also, if I try to play something using voice commands on the Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa will say "Playing <<fill in music here>> on Spotify, but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance for replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify not connecting to Echo or Echo Dot

Composer

Hey, glad you reached out. Here to help. Spotify has encountered a lot of complaints regarding the same. I myself have been through the same issue. Although it has been rectified now. I would suggest you to follow these steps.

1.  Go to chrome or any other web application and then open this link

2. Once opened, enter your credentials and log in.

3. After logging in, try unlinking Spotify to your Echo Dot.

4. Next, try re-linking to your Echo-dot again. 

5. After completing these steps, ask Alexa to connect to Spotify.

I'm sure this will work out for you.

Hope I could be of some help. If I was able to solve your problem, I would be glad if you mark this as an answer to your issue. 

If there is anything else you would like me to help you out with, feel free to text back. 

Cheers!

Stay Safe

Go to a desktop go to Alexa.amazon. com unlink Spotify and then relink it.
Then tell Alexa to Spotify connect.
Mine is now working

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Composer

Hey, glad you reached out. Here to help. Spotify has encountered a lot of complaints regarding the same. I myself have been through the same issue. Although it has been rectified now. I would suggest you to follow these steps.

1.  Go to chrome or any other web application and then open this link

2. Once opened, enter your credentials and log in.

3. After logging in, try unlinking Spotify to your Echo Dot.

4. Next, try re-linking to your Echo-dot again. 

5. After completing these steps, ask Alexa to connect to Spotify.

I'm sure this will work out for you.

Hope I could be of some help. If I was able to solve your problem, I would be glad if you mark this as an answer to your issue. 

If there is anything else you would like me to help you out with, feel free to text back. 

Cheers!

Stay Safe

Go to a desktop go to Alexa.amazon. com unlink Spotify and then relink it.
Then tell Alexa to Spotify connect.
Mine is now working

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I could have sworn I did this last night and it didn't work. But it certainly worked tonight. Thanks!

Composer

Hey, glad I could help out. Do reach in case of any other issues. Cheers!

Highlighted

Visitor

Having the same problem. Unlinked and re-linked 3 times now and this still doesn’t work for me. I have a Dot and a regular Echo, and it’ll recognize the Dot but not the Echo. However, if I choose the “Everywhere” group, it’ll play on both. Individual Echo though, it won’t. Suggestions?

Highlighted

I have the exact same issue. While the troubleshooting steps of unlinking and linking the Alexa account works, it just stops working again after a day or so.

The fact that my device also sometimes just renames itself to „AEORD“ doesn’t help either.

I just want to come home and play music using a voice command without having to relink my account every time. Another thing that seems to fix the issue is to unplug my Echo 2. generation and plug it back in. Either way, relinking the accounts is a temporary solution, I feel it could be my router blocking some sort of port related to Spotify but I could be wrong

Highlighted

Exact same problem, started a few days ago on my Echo Gen 1, having worked for years. 

This solution did not work. Exact same symptoms:

"Alexa, Play supertramp from spotify"

"This is supertramp from spotify"... then silence...

And the Echo device does not show up in the Spotify app on other devices.

Highlighted

Visitor

Try this. 

When suddenly Spotify stops working, ask Echo to Open YouTube. 

After that, ask Echo to play something on Spotify. That will "close and reopen" the app and it will work again . 

SUGGESTED POSTS