Announcements

Spotify not connecting to Echo or Echo Dot

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify not connecting to Echo or Echo Dot

Visitor

For me I had to reconnect my Echo device to the WiFi and then just disconnect it from the outlet and plug it back in. That did the trick for me and haven't had problems since.

Highlighted

Regular

I'm having the same issue, tried all the steps above, but when I say "alexa connect to spotify" then i go my spotify app and choose my echo dot, it just stays stuck on "connecting"

Highlighted

This is the one that worked for me
Highlighted

Visitor

Unlinking and re-linking as is didn't work for me, but I tried unlinking, unplugging the echo, and replugging and relinking and it worked.

Highlighted

It didn't work.
Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting.

To everyone experiencing issues with their Echo devices, we suggest that they try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Unlink your Spotify account from the Alexa app. 

2. Perform a clean reinstall of both the Spotify and Alexa apps. You can find instructions on how to do this for Spotify here. Be sure to shut down all devices completely and unplug the smart speaker for a couple of minutes. it's a good idea to also restart your router.

3. Start your devices and link both accounts anew. This Support page can help.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Regular

None of the troubleshooting steps worked. Someone on reddit said to unplug the echo dot and plug it back in again. I tried that and it worked. Spotify is working again. 

Highlighted

• I been having this problem on my Echos this morning have even reset my router twice and unlinked Spotify and re-linked it again. That sort of worked for a short while before doing the same again. Everything else on the Echos seem to be working. Will try again later the day and hope all is working.
Highlighted

Hey there folks, 

Just jumping in here to confirm that there's currently an issue that's causing latency with our web player & partner devices.

We're looking into this at the moment. If you are affected by this issue, we'd recommend you head over to this ongoing issue thread and follow the instructions in the Status Update.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
SUGGESTED POSTS