Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing my music

Solved!

Spotify not playing my music

When using a web browser (chrome on chromebook) my play button does not activate the song. All play buttons are non-fuctional. Changing to radio, my playlists or searching a song does not work. I tried to restart my computer, reload spotify, check the playback device, etc. but nothing seems to work. I think it may be a spotify issue as my sound was working while using a workout video a few minutes ago and I can hear and play videos on YouTube. Please advise!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I may have had the same problem as you (for me Chrome/FireFox/Opera not working, but Edge was working). I was able to fix the problem by following @thepest solution here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Web-Player-not-working-in-Chrome-b...

It's as if the browser/web player is, for lack of a better term, "stuck". With the web player open, I played music with the Spofity app on my phone, clicked Devices Available on the bottom of the app, and then switched it to Spotify Web Player. The browser/web player started playing like normal again, as if it got "unstuck". If it's indeed the same problem, worst case you might need to fiddle with different devices playing back to the web player (and vice versa) to get it working again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi, I may have had the same problem as you (for me Chrome/FireFox/Opera not working, but Edge was working). I was able to fix the problem by following @thepest solution here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Web-Player-not-working-in-Chrome-b...

It's as if the browser/web player is, for lack of a better term, "stuck". With the web player open, I played music with the Spofity app on my phone, clicked Devices Available on the bottom of the app, and then switched it to Spotify Web Player. The browser/web player started playing like normal again, as if it got "unstuck". If it's indeed the same problem, worst case you might need to fiddle with different devices playing back to the web player (and vice versa) to get it working again.

Suggested posts