Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working on Pioneer AVH-X2850BT

Spotify not working on Pioneer AVH-X2850BT

Hello Spotifiers,

I recently bought the Pioneer AVH-X2850BT headunit for my car for 2 main reasons. One of which is Spotify integration!

Unfortunately, Spotify does not show up/work. And believe me I have tried everything for days now.

Things I have tried:

- Resetting headunit

- Trying Bluetooh and USB cable modes of connection (as per the picture below, it doesn't even show up in the Function Available list)

- Installed latest Spotify version for the iPhone (version 8.4.3)

- Latest iPhone software (iOS 10.3.1) -iPhone 6 Plus

- Re-installed latest headunit software (August 26,2016 ver 8.18)

- Turning iPhone on/off, hard reset as well

- Tried EC Touch app, had to purchase a "Special Packet" to use Spotify. Spotify opens up normal. But the whole app crashes when I play a song from any list of choice.

What does work:

- Playing music on Bluetooth

- When pressing on iPod. It opens up the playlist i'm using on Spotify through mobile. It says iPod on top, Spotify below that and the songs there (with artwork even!). But no other functionality whatsoever.

Please help!

Spotify not showing up in the Function Available listSpotify not showing up in the Function Available list

iPod showing Spotify somehow but no playlists or featuresiPod showing Spotify somehow but no playlists or features

2 Replies

I have the same Pioneer unit and the same problem 😐 very disappointing. has anybody figured this out?

I also have the same unit, having the same issues and tried the resolutions. I even switched out my Apple lightening cable. It started 2 days ago with the Spotify update. 

Suggested posts