Spotify not working with Google Home

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify not working with Google Home

Hey there @lght00,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Just to confirm, does the issue still persist for you?

If so, it'd be helpful if you could provide some additional details on what's happening or the devices affected so we can take a closer look. Additionally, you can also try the steps @Mjt23 provided above and let us know if that did the trick for you.

@Silentdeathpaw - that sounds like a different issue. First, we'd recommend making sure that all your devices are updated to the latest operating system versions available, making sure to install any pending software updates. There are also some guides like this that you can check.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

As annoying as it is to have to go into the Google Home app -- what i find working is to do that and to find the Group (or device) and to 

1) Stop Casting

2) Play Music 

A fresh start? 

Highlighted

Visitor

Yeah, I'm having the same issue.  I did about everything I can find online but my google home mini still either just skips every song or only plays 20 seconds of the song.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I just had this issue.  I cleared the data for Google Home app and it works fine now.  Hope this works for you. 

Visitor

Spotify will not connect at all to my Google home. I have linked and unlinked my premium account numerous times. Reset my phone, wifi and Google home minis.  The o ly way I am able to get sound to them is to "cast my audio" from my phone while playing Spotify on my phone. It was just working yesterday.

It will connect to my Amazon echo no problem. 

Screenshot_20200506-180420.png
Highlighted

Visitor

The same thing has been happening to me! My google mini will play music from YouTube and spotify works fine on my phone but if I try to play spotify on my google mini it simply says "sorry something went wrong" after a few seconds. I rebooted and even reset my mini, redownloaded both spotify and google home, and tried the unlinking thing too but nothing works. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same issue as jessikerz and tucker927 . Was working fine earlier today then it just stopped working. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Did you try my suggestion above? I had the same issue. this fixed it. 

Highlighted

Visitor

I have tried all of the link relink, resetting caches, everything mentioned. With the amount of new posts being out up on here in quick succession it seems this is an issue on spotify's end. Any help would be appreciated. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

How do you clear your data?

SUGGESTED POSTS