Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Spotify not working with Google Home

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify not working with Google Home

+1 having this issue.

Casual Listener

Same issue. I click "cast" and the google home mini beeps like it is working, then the Spotify app just stays stuck on "connecting..." and never turns green/plays through the speaker.

Highlighted

Visitor

this is the same issue i am having. everything worked fine yesterday. tried all the tricks... turn phone and google home off/back on, disconnect the reconnect accounts from each other, updated apps, nothing is working.

Highlighted

Visitor

Yup.   +1  everything worked yesterday.  Doesn't work today.  GF has same issue.  reset everything, re-linked everything, no go.

Works with Onkyo receiver, does not work with google mini.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same, figured I'd just add myself to the list. Tried everything, just says "sorry, something went wrong" whenever I try to play Spotify. Worked fine last night.

Highlighted

Visitor

Same here.   Any update Spotify Support?  Where is this known issue being tracked?  When will it be back online?

******Update as of 11:40am EDT****** Restarted App/Cleared data and Google Home back working!!!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Mine just started working out of nowhere. Try it now. Go go go.

Highlighted

Visitor

Same issue. Cleared Google home and Spotify cache, then rebooted phone. Now working

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Mines working now too, out of nowhere, but it keeps pausing itself.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm glad I'm not going crazy. I usually use Spotify to play pink noise all night for my daughter and I was unable to do that last night because this wasn't working on any of my devices. I'm having the same error as everyone else where it says it's connecting forever and never connects. I will say though that I've been having issues with it disconnecting or lowering the volume or stopping the song in the middle for no real reason for about a month and a half now. We'll even get the error that someone else is using our Spotify and no one has touched it. 🤦🤷

SUGGESTED POSTS