NEXT STEP

Spotify not working with Google Home

Solved!

Spotify not working with Google Home

Free and Premium

United States

Google Home and iPhone XS Max

iOS 12.1.4

When using Google Home and linking a Spotify account (be it Premium or Free tier) I am not getting a response back with utterances being said to the device. Ex. "Hey Google, play STARGAZING by Travis Scott." The Google Home will say sure, or ok and then not play music or do anything else. Additionally, If I happen to use the Google Home App it will open the Spotify app and just take me to the Spotify Artist page and do nothing as well and not play music.

87 Replies

+1 having this issue.

Same issue. I click "cast" and the google home mini beeps like it is working, then the Spotify app just stays stuck on "connecting..." and never turns green/plays through the speaker.

this is the same issue i am having. everything worked fine yesterday. tried all the tricks... turn phone and google home off/back on, disconnect the reconnect accounts from each other, updated apps, nothing is working.

Yup.   +1  everything worked yesterday.  Doesn't work today.  GF has same issue.  reset everything, re-linked everything, no go.

Works with Onkyo receiver, does not work with google mini.

Same, figured I'd just add myself to the list. Tried everything, just says "sorry, something went wrong" whenever I try to play Spotify. Worked fine last night.

Same here.   Any update Spotify Support?  Where is this known issue being tracked?  When will it be back online?

******Update as of 11:40am EDT****** Restarted App/Cleared data and Google Home back working!!!

Mine just started working out of nowhere. Try it now. Go go go.

Same issue. Cleared Google home and Spotify cache, then rebooted phone. Now working

Mines working now too, out of nowhere, but it keeps pausing itself.

I'm glad I'm not going crazy. I usually use Spotify to play pink noise all night for my daughter and I was unable to do that last night because this wasn't working on any of my devices. I'm having the same error as everyone else where it says it's connecting forever and never connects. I will say though that I've been having issues with it disconnecting or lowering the volume or stopping the song in the middle for no real reason for about a month and a half now. We'll even get the error that someone else is using our Spotify and no one has touched it. 🤦🤷

Go to your Google Home App, click on the device you want to cast too, then select cast my audio.

Go to Spotify and start playing music like normal (with "listening on this device" selected, not your Google Mini)

A few hours in and I haven't had issues disconnections due to changing songs to fast or general bugs. I also noticed that my Google Mini no longer alters my Spotify queue like it did before (super frustrating).

Hope this helps you guys like it did me.

Are you referring to the cast my audio button? Wouldn't this cast literally every sound that your phone makes?

It's working now...but I'm really wondering what happened.

Mine just suddening started working.

Yep! The cast my audio button.

That's true, it will cast everything.

My phone is always on vibrate so I don't worry about ringtones and other notifications don't interrupt my music 🙂

I guess they resolved the issue... it's working again.

Also working! Thanks for the emotional support and the updates y'all.

NOW I consider this to be "SOLVED" 🙂

that didn’t work. 

Yes, how do you clear your data?!?!?

Thx bro, this work for me...

Suggested posts